• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dyno partner needed in SC

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
I am looking for a dyno partner this spring, around March or so.....

There is a shop in town (Spartanburg,SC) that has a Mustang II dyno, I plan to run my truck but I would like someone else to run there's at the same time, same day,same dyno setup.... I will cover your cost, they charge 90$ pre hour.

I would prefer a manual pump motor, manual tranny, 3:73 gears would be nice to be the same as mine..... turbo doesn't matter, something other than a GMX would be nice but not required ......

I don't know of another 6.X around here, my thinking is that whatever the numbers are they would be better backed up with 2 at the same time....

I am prepared to go this on my own, I just thought that if there was a stockish 6.5 that could be used as a base line things might be more better..

All thoughts are invited...

I might be able to depending. '97, K2500, 5pd, 3.73 gears, stock tune, ~206K miles, 3"DP 4" exh, turbo master set for 11 psi max remote FSD.

I have never been on a dyno and am scared though. I don't want to break anything (like a stock 6.5 is strong enough for that). But at 206K miles its a pretty long chain of weak links. I probably would do it I would like to see your truck/engine.

I might be able to depending. '97, K2500, 5pd, 3.73 gears, stock tune, ~206K miles, 3"DP 4" exh, turbo master set for 11 psi max remote FSD.

I have never been on a dyno and am scared though. I don't want to break anything (like a stock 6.5 is strong enough for that). But at 206K miles its a pretty long chain of weak links. I probably would do it I would like to see your truck/engine.

That might just work, I don't think there is anyone else around.... I'm just tiring to make this a "apples - apples" run, but the electronic IP would be really close. We will see..

And as for breaking something, me too LOL, but you will be the one mashing the motor so you can let up if needed..

Let's see if I can work the bugs out of mine. It would be nice to see 2 fresh built motors running the same pump (almost)the same turbo (almost) just .3 liters smaller. Also AUTO, I like 2 see if I can reach 300 hp with a 6.2....

Hmmm all I am allowed to drive id my Jazzy wheelchair!!! LOL I would luv to put The Lil 6.2 on that dyno n kick some serious Turbo 6.5 butt!!!! Shes a bad lil witch!

I'm in Mt Holly, NC my 94 extended cab long bed nearly stock truck could likely make it.all I've done to the truck is replace exhaust with Diamond Eye, and put on a fluidamper. the IP is stock, but it's been cleaned. I'm still setting the timing, so it's not ready TODAY, but soon.

Well, it's still early in the planing stage now, March - April is the time frame, so everyone has time to get ready...

And anyone can come and run or watch, we could make a day of it.... The shop that we will be using does rice burner tuning, they can hook up to OBDII trucks easy, my manual truck they will have a harder time picking up the rpm's, he says he can do it tho.... we can fill in all the blanks later....

Like said above, a manual tranny would be the same as far as the parasitic loss % on the machine is the only reason I said a manual would be close...

which one tanman? the blue one or the big dually?

I drive like everyone else's grandma to save fuel (not mine, she drives like its circle track time) so I doubt I will win without a head start! :)

Looks like a good plan is coming together Chris...:thumbsup:

Until these 2 dryland sodbusters hijacked your thread of course...:hihi:

which one tanman? the blue one or the big dually?

I drive like everyone else's grandma to save fuel (not mine, she drives like its circle track time) so I doubt I will win without a head start! :)

Blue is in pieces, no bed working on getting the gooseneck plate off, taking rear axle out and leafs.

I'll bring Da Boss in my avatar. I can have it up and running pretty quick if I want.

Looks like a good plan is coming together Chris...:thumbsup:

Until these 2 dryland sodbusters hijacked your thread of course...:hihi:

Time will tell Mike, still some work to be done on ol blue yet, intercooler, WMI, different blades for the blower....

I did go by the shop today and discussed this meet with them, they said the more the merrier .......

Didn't see this thread and posted on the other dyno thread about someone within 30 minutes of spartansburg.

Anyone is welcome, still in the planning stage now but I am putting a date of late March - early April, that way maybe more can be ready to run or just come watch and have a little fun.

And for those that might not know, there is a "Dyno Fund" here, someone might wish to contribute a few bucks, I know a bunch of us have, and I will re-up later also, someone can find the thread and post it if needed.

If anyone needs to contact me for more info, just PM me...

Back