• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dyno 2-6-2010 304HP and 525TQ Max

uniquediesel

1/4 mi. Fan
Reaction score
Dyno session with the 1982 C10 SWB truck that I have routinely drag raced for almost three years now with the same 6.5TD engine.

The image is kinda big, it's posted on my website (not really much a site, but host).

http://www.uniquediesel.com/racing/images/truck/Feb-Dyno-6.5TD-web.jpg

Feb-Dyno-6.5TD-web.jpg

It's not very consistent on what it puts down each pull :icon_bs:

Black = Turbo Boost
Red = Horse Power
Blue = Torque

I'm not sure if the dyno run is an accurate representation of how it really performs, it's been tuned for the type of runs it makes. The turbo I'm running on it is not the fastest spooling in the world, but it does better on the top end (carries horse power through 3800).

This test was from 2100 to 3800 RPM, because that was the RPM point I could keep the trans in Drive (1:1) without danger of downshift at WOT.

This is a NO DRUGS run (no nitrous, WMI, propane, fuel additives). Just a turbo and fuel (yeah, a loaded "just").

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a ton of power. Well done. Am I reading correctly that you were running 29 pounds of boost?

I show around 32psi on the gauge in the cab, but the sensor on the dyno showed 29, dunno what it was actually doing because we had to disconnect the in-cab gauge for the pulls (place to tap pressure).

Impressive! Particularly how it carries the torque curve out that far only loosing ~ 100 ft-lbs.

Guessing besides having a fuel system that can get enough fuel in quick enough at 3600 rpm, and enough turbo, you've done some port/valve work etc., to maintain decent cylinder fill at those rpms.

How did the dyno come up w/ engine rpm? some type of temp white dot or magnet tach, or calculated from drum rpm/drivetrain gearing?

Looks pretty awesome. I would love to hear some engine details.

Hopped up db2? What has been done to it?

What turbo are you running?

Head studs? Main cap studs? Girdle?

Heads?

thanks!

Good numbers, Gongrats!

Your signature says Wheel power and wheel tq, but that dynosheet says eng pow. and torque, is it like dyno what i used it measures power from wheels, but draws calculated engine values to paper?

It's at the wheel. The dyno operator and owner said that the engine is at or around 400HP.

Nice numbers!!

You should release your brake :thumbsup:... 'cause you have ~23% power loss.

I have 4l80 and 14 bolt fullfloater and it took 13% off (262hp => 230rwhp)

I'm pretty sure mine at 32 pounds would blow into a thousand tiny pieces! Great work more details please.

about the specifications...

I've agreed to write an article for The Diesel Page, it'd be best just to await that publication.

J

Back