• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duramax Intercooler Install

I bet that fan upgrade would help alot for sure, I'm working on a 6.5 this weekend ill measure how far the fan sticks out from the front of the pulley for ya and then you can measure yours and see if it will work.

I would do the IC before the new turbo it was easy making that pipe the other one was tuffer but that depends on how you want it to look and heat wrap it, it makes a difference. I've yet to do it to my new truck been to busy.

And yes my upper rad mount was very jimmy rigged but worked and i drive alot of gravel. I think the key that the rad never moved is that i put a piece of rubber inbetween the intcooler and the rad the whole length down and just bolted it tight together with the rod

Also i did have to cut my rad hoses about 2 inches off of both.

I had a way better write up at first but the webpage timed out i guess and only autosaved half of it, it also did the same to me at DP so i was really ticked when it did it again lol

Back