• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

duramax conversion

6.5dragracer

Chevy Man...
Reaction score
i have an 04.5 duramax and allison transmission with the wiring harness and computer...

i'm putting it into my 04 single cab short bed 1500 silverado was wondering what do i need to do to make it work???

thanks

Some fabrication to get the Allison to fit in the truck, some strong motor mounts and a stronger rear end than the stock half ton. The torque will eat right through a standard transfer case and rear end.

What year is the motor? If it's an 04.5, its an LLY and should have a 5 speed trans.

The 6 speeds didn't come out until 2006.

you will also need all of the Harnesses for the swap, the ECM and TCM and alot of painstaking work to get this done....

no +/- shifter...that is for the 6 spd's found in the 06 LBZ

You will need the factory instrument cluster for diesel applications...

if you are gonna throw any power at it I would contact MikeL, Big Dipper or Suncoast...and then consider some way to get traction... 4 link narrowed/tubbed with some fat slicks would be nice...

LLY will have a FICM mounted on the valve cover. LBZ and up will not. If no one has screwed with the motor/trans combo, the LLY will have the 5 spd behind. Like Jones said, you'll need the harnesses, ECM, TCM, etc to make it work. Not sure if the throttle pedal will need to be replaced or not.

ok good thing i kept all that stuff then i was fixin to throw all of that away cuz i have the same kind of pedal on the truck already

sorry that its been a while i'm wanting to put some pics up but i don't know how was wondering if someone could help me out thanks

Duramax in a truck that lite should haul the mail if you can get the power to the ground without any malfunctions.

yeah well i got some ?s if anyone has a single cab duramax that if they could take a pic of there trans crossmember...

here's something else that has crossed my mind i have a zex wet nitrous kit installed in my truck already could i plug up the gas side and just leave the nitrous side open and buy a dry nitrous pill???

would that work or no...

i have been busy latly but i got out in the garage today and i cant tell if my motor is a lly or lb7???

and how do u take the torque converter off from the fly wheel thanks

Look at the valve covers. The LLY has external injectors while the LB7 has them hidden under the valve covers.

Back