• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dun think the injectors went. again

shortcircut65

LT OFD N-49
Reaction score
im just looking for opinons to prove my fear is correct. i believe they went on the truck, again. started off with diesel in the oil, then one morning one injector sounded a little louder than normal, and in the afternoon it sounded worse than a 24 valve just started on a cold morning. all 8 (it seemed) were loud as hell, and absolutly no power. i was going 45 when they let loose, and it took everything to keep speed. went a mile down the road to a friends house and parked it. went and picked up a "loaner" ride, came back to move it a half mile to my work, and it wouldnt go more than 15mph. are my fears justified, or am i looking in the wrong spot? money for the replacements should be here in a few weeks, just want to double check here so i dont buy em for nothing. all the noise and the fuel in oil before hand makes me think this. thanks for anything ya'll wish to add

probably a stuck injector...anyone with EFI in your area to log the balance rates on them?

I've heard of some success in freeing them up with the addition of 2 stroke and a mega dose of Power service to the fuel tank...but I would say it is unlikely/slim chance...and you don't want a stuck injector burning a piston trying to do that either...or running the truck with fuel in the oil for any sustained period of time...

the new injector revision has a chrome ball(?)and seat...I have a set here waiting to go into my rebuild...If you look hard, you can get a set for around $1500 with no core charge ;)

hmmmm, thanks Pepp! i will def be doing some hard looking for that steal! i had heard that the "new" "updated" versions were to be better, but we all know how that goes.....

sorry to scare Kenny, but i think my truck is like your former dodge. i think im one of very few that have had this many issues. im gonna put new ones in, and start looking for an 06 ex cab long bed 6 gear on the floor. rare, yes. but i want the ex cab and 6 gear

Injectors are not to bad, did my 01 in January. FWIW i seem to recall no ZF option in 06, could not hold the power of the LBZ :D

The ZF was available only with the limited signature edition known as the 06 LLY.
Everything LBZ forward didn't have a manual option.

The ZF was available only with the limited signature edition known as the 06 LLY.
Everything LBZ forward didn't have a manual option.
Which makes sense from a "Lets build one engine trans combo and that way it saves us the money of having to make a hole in the floor." but it's stupid, because people still want manuals in their trucks.

Which makes sense from a "Lets build one engine trans combo and that way it saves us the money of having to make a hole in the floor." but it's stupid, because people still want manuals in their trucks.

Like the clutches were anything but too cheap to do the job. GM ran out of money - something had to go. I think the 'we can't make it any cheaper' for the manual transmission is what killed it.

After owning a 1992 S-15 with the garbage shift linkage that burned up the throw out bearing all the time - Good riddance to the manual transmissions from GM. Do it right or not at all - GM has made a choice. :mad2: Simplest thing in the world, MT, and GM messes it up.

Even some of GM's automatics are questionable. The Allison after what I put my 2008 through is not one of them.

I hear you on wanting something from GM, but, they went to obsolete drum brakes on 2005+ 1/2 ton pickups. I don't think they are listening to their customers. After all even rental fleets got the boot...

So in other words you need...:suicide:
:rofl:
after today at work, yes, very much so. dear lord, give me the strength to not kill the asshat that i work(ed) with, and myself and none of the other drivers like.

ken if you need me to check your balance rates let me know.
thanks Joe. but your a little far away, no? truck doesnt move at the moment....

My old Edge Evo could Check Balance Rates as well if you know anyone that has one of those.
unfortunatly, i do not. myself and another friend are the only guys i know with dmax's, and his is bone stock.

guess im stuck with an lly? damn. maybe switching to dodge..... (and i will follow Kenny's advice, and not go to Lee's auto ranch.....)

well, i may be heading out that way next weekend for my anniversary so i could check them then. let me know if you need me.

I love how people here help each other, but if you skip out on your anniversary to go work on a truck, Joe, I think we'll be praying for you to survive a bad case of marital bruises :D

from the sounds of it, on here and what they sound like, im gonna take the chance and say yes, injectors. what else would make them sound like im listening to the cat thats in our KW that just started in 0*? and give me no power at all? havent had the chance to get em checked out via efi live or something of the sort. like jim said, best not to work on a truck on your anniversary.... :) but i thank Joe for the offer. wish i had some way to move it, so i could deffinately get it checked out and get a deffinate answer. im just goin on my gut here...

Back