• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dumb turbo questions thread.

oh ok that makes sence. where did you get some of the other parts in your sig to support a turbo like that? it sounds really sick!

The pistons,injectors,and injector pump,where modified by me. The only thing I actually bought where head studs,lots of head gaskets,injector pump parts,and the turbo which was intended for my Cummins.

i see. so im assuming you machined down your pistons some and ran thicker gaskets? i would like to learn to do all of those things lol. i work in a full blown machine shop and have been a machinest for a while so thats nothing new to me. i actually made my own heatsink lastnight, but i added a bowtie that was milled into the fins ;) ill have to get some pics up.

what were the things changed on the IP? i have two of them aside from the one that is on my truck. if it takes two of them to learn something i am willing!

I'm going to pick up my HX35 Turbo tomorrow after work and i will post a video of it when i get it installed this weekend.

what were the things changed on the IP? i have two of them aside from the one that is on my truck. if it takes two of them to learn something i am willing!

Mine is none electronic,I changed the head and rotor,to one that is a four plunger like the electronic pumps,but I have more fuel than these will put out,I think its a combination of a small pump cam and computer programing that limits fuel on the ds4 pumps. There is a couple threads here on the ds4 pumps.

The electronic IPs can run you more horsepower than the mechanical ones unless you modify it. There is nothing wrong with the electronic injection and stock turbos, gets you over 120mph with a decent exhaust and PCM program. But the larger turbos are more efficient and will pull harder and make your engine more reliable at sustained high boost levels.

What you already have is a great start, you just need to resolve the things that take power away from you. First, you need to upgrade the fuel line from FFM to IP to 3/8" line and upping the size of the fittings. This is known as Feed the Beast or FTB. Also make sure you do the OPS relay modification, and get a better lift pump if youre running high power PCM program and high boost. A set of good injectors goes a long way. Anymore I would only buy injectors from someone I can trust, and get 2200-2300psi pop pressure.

Get GMTDScanTech, set the timing to the -1.5 to -1.94 TDCO range.

I have used both GM4 and ATT plenty and both have their advantages. ATT will be less stress on the engine and pull harder at high loads. GM4 snaps to 20 psi instantly, with instant power.

yes i have been reading up on the feed the beast, still kind of confuesed on how that all goes together but ill try to figure it out. what lift pump would be the best for what im doing? and also, having trouble figuring out what injectors are even considered an upgrade. i thought the marine injectors were supposed to be good but thats not what i have read!

Marine injectors will flow more fuel in a given period of time and a given pressure. So yes they will increase fuel output some and higher pop pressures will help get full combustion with increased fuel rates. However do not buy them from anyone you dont trust, because these knock off nozzles and such suck after using them for a year. I am willing to guess the high output from Heath are genuine quality, but dont know.

Any lift/transfer pump that has at least 12-15psi is good, or one with more but regulated to 15psi. I use the Walbro FRB-5, could be better, but works great and is low cost.

Back