• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duel lift pump question.

Snot Rocket

Reaction score
I just got done reading the "Feed the Beast" mod thread. There was some talk about the duel lift pump mods. Some were talking about running them in line. Others were talking about running them side by side.
My question is.
If you do the feed the beast mod can you put a lift pump between the filter and the IP?

Or would that be too much pressure for the IP?

Be gental I'm a newb here.

You would not gain anything, just put the best pump in and go. Your 94 needs a good 9-10 PSI at the IP. A Walbro FRC10 is the prefect pump.
Duals like TD has could get you more volume of fuel. You should increase the line size from tank to IP though imo and then does your truck need that much fuel?

Welcome to TTS. Got any pics of your ride?

Sorry no pics yet. Just got the truck a few weeks ago and the weather has not been that good for pics.

My truck don't need that much fuel. I was just wondering if it would be a better way to do the duel pump set up. I figured one push into the filter and one to pull out would give a steady pressure at all times to the IP.

If you were moving fuel a long distance it would help, but in our case a better LP is the answer. If you get a chance look at my site for more info on the Walbro & bypass kit.

My FRC-10 and bypass fittings arrived today thanks!
Can't wait to get em in! I will report back when I get it in. I think going the rout of a single pump may save some headache.

What's the difference between the frb-5 and the frc-10?

Fuel pressure is lower and if I am not mistaken they are are were discontinuing the FRB-5.

We have had a few members that had fuel pressure issues with the FRB-5.

I have yet to see any issues with the FRC-10.

I have a Walbro FRB-5, and I have had no pressure problems.
It's pulling through a Racor filter/ water separator and pushing through the OEM FM.
6 - 8 lbs mostly, drops to 4 going up a nearby brutal hill fully loaded.
I still haven't gotten around to dropping the tank and removing the intake sock, but maybe in spring...
I bought the FRB-5 and fittings from Leroy/Burning Oil/PMDCable.com, along with viton o-rings for the FM, and some other stuff ;)

Welcome aboard, driver. All the good numbers at ya!

Ok, so we're talkin' lift pumps and you just know ive gotta throw out the high dollar replacement option:

DSC04084.jpg

:)

GW those are very nice also especialy if you need all new fuel lines to. Get it all in one kit. I need to check my prices, but I believe I can sell the kit for $388 (don't hold me to that) What did you pay?

Ok, I'll ask. What kind of LP is that? And those fuel hoses would be silicon?

I was thinking about braided steel fuel lines myself, but which ones? Russell? The ones summit racing sells, or aeroquip? Lots of choices here.

Last edited:
GW those are very nice also especialy if you need all new fuel lines to. Get it all in one kit. I need to check my prices, but I believe I can sell the kit for $388 (don't hold me to that) What did you pay?

Whats this kit all about? Leroy ive been wanting to upgrade my fuel system now for a while and i have been on your site shopping around.

Im thinking about the frc-10 lift pump, wix pre filter and the new fsu with sock removed and of course new larger fuel line from tank all the way to the motor.

Is this anything like the kit or is my above mentioned setup sufficent enough? I want to buy from you because of my previous expierence buying a pmd kit off your site.

Thanks a lot for your input

The Raptor is a nice kit. Its should be preset at 8psi but can do 50, on our trucks you would never use anything over 15-18psi at the fuel pump. IP is real happy when it see's 9-12psi (DS4). If you have a modified engine then I really cant say you would just have to tweek it. Raptor 100 comes with 1/2 hoses. If you need new lines anyway it may be a good way to go. Stainless replacment lines and a new Walbro FRC10 would get close in price I think. The Raptor I have heard is louder than a FRC-10
Both are really good choices its up to you to figure out which to buy.
Hopefully GW posts his experience.

Past my edit time: just got off the phone with line manufactuer. He is going to call me back tomorrow, but he said "if" they have the pattern for the hard lines they would sell a stainless kit for $140. supply side and if needed $140 return side.

What fuel lines are included with the raptor? From tank to motor?

If i decide to go with the raptor should i still go with the wix pre lift pump filter, will it even be nessasary?

Thanks Leroy.

Back