• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dually Rim Question

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
I obtained a replacement dually rim. Had a tire put on it, and went to install it.

Now the HUB Hole is about 1/4 larger than my hub, leaving 1/8 space all the way around the hub.

Lugnuts line up perfect.

My other rims are tight around the HUB hole.

Is this no good? The rest of the rim seems identical.

Thanks!

Sorry for off topic post, but trucks jacked up and need my friends help ASAP!!

I think this is "NO GOOD".....Hub centric and lug centric.....I've heard this happen with "Ford" rims, they fit but not correctly.

This is info I've gotten second hand and can't confirm, but I'm sure someone else will clarify and probably tell me I'm wrong...

I think this is "NO GOOD".....Hub centric and lug centric.....I've heard this happen with "Ford" rims, they fit but not correctly.

This is info I've gotten second hand and can't confirm, but I'm sure someone else will clarify and probably tell me I'm wrong...
'

I sure don't feel good about it. Thinking about it, all the vehicles weight would be on the OTHER dually rim, which is HUB Centric, so it shouldn't apply more stress to the lug nuts, as it would have the other rim right next to it. Maybe be a balancing issue, as with the spacer I'm not sure what would center it perfectly.

Lets see what others say!

Matt, I had gotten this info when I thought I "Scored" and found 4 19.5 rims that "seem" to fit perfectly.....and then someone burst my bubble and gave me the "Hub and Lug" centric info.....But I'm sure there is a reason why there are 2 different sizes.

Well...

After closer examination there is a 'tit' welded on to the rim, and a hole to accommodate such 'tit' from the next wheel.

This must be there so dummies with CHEVY's don't bolt it on, as there is no hole on the drum to accommodate said 'tit'.

Well this was a $20.00 lesson! (cost of tire mount/balance)

Oh well. The price to pay to learn I guess.

So much for my 'score'. :)

Back