• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dual thermostat water crossover for a 96 6.5 F vin

Red1978

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new dual thermostat water crossover for a 96 6.5 F vin. Long story short my quick connect broke on my single therm so I replaced the quick connect and one of the ears on the tube broke on re-install. I replaced it with a dual therm and one of the ears broke on the opposite tube broke today. I've had it with the used water crossover and just want to buy a new one so I can finally get my truck back on the road. I can't find one through Kennedy, Heath, or SS Diesel and I've already purchased a single (used) that didn't fit my F vin engine. I have now purchased 2 water crossovers (1 didn't fit, 1 broke) and the stock single broke. Any suggestions where I can find one. It's been a month between finding time to work on it, waiting for shipping, and each one breaking in a different way. My wife has begun to despise this truck with the amount of work and time I've put into it and it's still sitting. Rest of the truck is strong but this one part GM has decided not to make anymore and I can't just go to the local parts store and buy is leaving me without the truck for work and I have a trip I want to haul my trailer in a month. Any vendor suggestions or a Sid part would be helpful. Thanks.

Thanks. I was looking for just the crossover. I don't do a lot of towing on a regular basis so I don't have a need to replace the stock water pump with a HO water pump. I didn't take a close look at the entire upgrade kit so I didn't notice the crossover just the water pump and gasket. I'll contact them and see if they'll sell me jar a crossover.

http://www.peninsulardiesel.com/WP-...6500108-6-5l-dual-thermostat-housing-assembly

Says sold out but might be worth an email to confirm that. I've contacted them before on "out of stock" stuff to find out the web site hadn't been updated....

I sent them an email and I'm waiting for a response. They are a lot cheaper than the other two options which is real4wd.com ($267) and Walt at SS Diesel ($339 but includes the thermostats which I already have 190's). Thanks again.

My wife has begun to despise this truck with the amount of work and time I've put into it and it's still sitting.

Try showing her what a new-er truck costs. She will reconsider and maybe even fall in love with it all over again :hihi: That was what I did with my wife and she gave the go-ahead to drop a new engine in the Burb as long as I tried to make it a *little* less noisy :agreed:

I don't do a lot of towing on a regular basis so I don't have a need to replace the stock water pump with a HO water pump.

IIRC the benefits are more for even cooling under all conditions and not just cooling while towing. If you want a easy local source for used HO pumps, I have two working pulls: one spin-on and one bolt-on.

Toward getting the tuck back on the road, if Pasadena is not too far a tow, might consider towing to my favorite shop and they will get it running again.

And by the way . . . :welcome8: to TTS! :)

Back