• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DTC's, very strange

kane

Reaction score
Had a 150 mile trip today, was sh..t all the way.
Engine was acting like it's missing fuel above 50mph without SES turning on... ok, thought new walpro wire connection or something is bad.
Well, there came big uphill and I thought... now we go!! Full throttle up and bang... SES is on and engine runs bad. Stoppped and shut the engine. Took a wire to look DTC's... 18, 35, 54 and 84. So, I thought it's optical sensor causing other DTC's too. Put spare FSD in case it's guilty.
I reset PCM (battery cables off), went through PCM connectors. After driving short again, all came back. I drove SES on back home and I thought now it's time to use tdscan with real error :smile5:
Went for a test drive, everything was back normal. I drove fast & heavy 20 miles, but everything worked perfect :eek:
Cam/crank missed pulses 0, throttle request % follows pedal, pulse time 1.8-1.9ms all the time. 54 is PCM Fuel circuit error...
Very very very interesting... well, have to just wait if it happens again.

Problem solved (I hope :smile5: )
After standing few hours, I fired it up and it ran like crap...
Got code 18, so I took optical sensor cable off. It run backup fuel nice (well, nice as it is when backup). Called to a friend for used opt.sensor, got one and it runs normal.
So, it is mystery what/how breaks sensor overnight :confused:
Electricity and components... packets of smoke they say...

Hope that fixed it. But if it didn't, I would check the grounds. With that many codes it could be a broken/loose ground.

Yep, it's been running nice today. Adjusted offset to -1.85.
Thought also groundings, especially PCM. But seems that it was optical sensor fault.

-kane-

Back