• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DTC Codes

mug23

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 95 Suburban 6.5TD and I just recently did the hx40w-II turbo swap. It has around 295K miles on it and still runs good. The swap itself was a success and I drove the truck for few hundred miles now with no problem. This morning since I haven't drove the truck for the past few days, I turn it on and ran like it normally do. Suddenly, I felt that something is wrong with the truck as the rpm kept going up and down while I'm trying to cruise at around 65-70 mph.

Then the CEL just can on in a flash and when away. The truck wouldn't stay at constant rpm and still bouncing up and down. The truck starts up with no problem and revs nicely. Just when running at 65-70 mph where this problem starts. I even had it on 3rd and see how it goes and it does stay at a constant rpm of around 2500 going around 65 mph.

I just pulled the dtc doce and so far I got the following:

15, 25, 27, 63

Could it be the PMD? I may clear the codes again this afternoon and run the truck to see if those codes will come back again.

If anyone here can give me a little bit help on what this maybe, that would be great.

Check and clean all the grounds, it could also be the APP as 3 of the codes imply.

I figured it out and it was the coolant temp sensor. The sensor was broken and after replacing it, everything is good again.

Back