• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DS4 IP feed pressure, what's too much?

great white

Reaction score
Well it's a done deal, the Raptor 100 kit is on it's way. We all know it's supposed to be a very robust pump, capable of 95 GPH and adjustable pressure.

Which raises a question:

What's the safest inlet pressure to feed a DS4?

I'm thinking no more than 10 PSI at idle.

No doubt, the Raptor should have no problems keeping up/exceeding my (currently) stock 6.5 DS4 needs.

I know there's no hard and fast answer, so I'll take personal experience opinions...

DieselPro from the old site who use to professionally rebuild Stanadyne IP's IIRC stated that up to and including 14psi AT the IP is safe. I have been running 10 on mine for a few months with nothing but positive feedback from my IP.

Of course on heavy pulling the pressure drops a few ... to about 7-8 with fresh filters. Curious to see how this raptor holds up to WOT and/or pulls.

DieselPro from the old site who use to professionally rebuild Stanadyne IP's IIRC stated that up to and including 14psi AT the IP is safe. I have been running 10 on mine for a few months with nothing but positive feedback from my IP.

Of course on heavy pulling the pressure drops a few ... to about 7-8 with fresh filters. Curious to see how this raptor holds up to WOT and/or pulls.

We'll see....:)

Then again, I don't have anything to haul right now and I don't run it to red line either.....next summer I'll be pulling a camping trailer for a couple weeks in the Canadian Rockies....

Back