• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

driveshaft centre bearing

just a number

Reaction score
is there anyway to remove it without a press?

one other question does anybody know what the driveshaft setup is on a r/v with the manual transmission. The one that I got the tranny from had 3 sections, oddball or are they all 3 piece with a manual?

Last edited:
well I figured out the driveshaft question. I must have puled the tranny from an odd ball. I may have found the proper version but I'll have to double check.

Still up in the air about the carrier bearing?or is this one of those jobs best left to the shop:mad2:

I have always knocked them off with a punch or carefully sliced them with a torch. Then tap it on carefully with a brass punch. I will probably get flamed for even mentioning that procedure but I have done it multiple times.

I have always knocked them off with a punch or carefully sliced them with a torch. Then tap it on carefully with a brass punch. I will probably get flamed for even mentioning that procedure but I have done it multiple times.

I wouldn't worry about getting flamed. I've had to take a few sets of wheel bearings off that way. I ran into a stupid problem, there are 2 sizes for them a 35mm and a 40mm. As far as I can tell they're referring to the yoke size. what does that have to do with the bearing size??? I measured out the shaft beside the bearing and it only came out to 32mm. Did I miss something?

well I said screw it and let the shop take the old one off with the torch. best $20 bucks I spent that day. I found out the size thing. the bearing sits up on a raised section. I also found out the the spline size is the same. that's alot easier to measure

I have changed mine 2 times. Once in the parking lot of advanced auto, and once in my driveway. about 1 1/2 years apart.

I think I'm doing it way wrong, i remember it being a real pita to get off the first time, but I had no idea it's supposed to be pressed on.

Can someone take a clean picture of their's installed?

Back