• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Drive from GA to CA

Bagofdimes

Recruit
Reaction score
So far, I have made it to Boonville, MO from Atlanta on my way to Sacramento.

I was playing with the Juice between fuelings to see what the best mileage I can get is. First, I had it set on level 2 with the low boost fueling set at 5. My mileage was 12.9. Next tank, I set it to level 2 with low boost fueling set at 1. The mileage went to 11.2. It was a bit more windy on the low mileage setting, but they are pretty close to me.

What settings do you guys use for best mileage?(without putting to much power to it)

I stopped at Love's and got weighed. My steer axle was 3720, Drive was 5300, Trailer was 7100, and total was 16120. It's a bit lighter than I guessed.

I'm using an Equalizer hitch. Working flawlessly so far. I couldn't imagine this trip without it. The stock hitch is holding up so far...

It has been 95 degrees since I left. My engine temp has been between 192 and 198 up hills. Egt hit 1300 a couple times briefly going up long grades. Tranny has been about 180-190 according to the gauge.

Couple more thousand miles to go...

any updates?

i had mine on level 2 low boost fueling on 3 with a 3600# 18x8.5 x7'h v nose cargo trailer and only got 11 with strong head wind coming home from Texas...:(

Well, I made it to Salt Lake City. One more day of driving should get it.

I got really crappy mileage through Wyoming...8.9:nonod: Lots of grades and lots of wind through there. I don't suspect it will be much better the rest of the way.

Couple of things I forgot above. My tire pressure is 70 in the rear and 60 in front. Also have a modified airbox with a K&N filter. Another thing I forgot that might affect it a bit...My speedo is not set for 285's. Technically, that should help albeit a tiny bit.

Back