• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dragged her home with the 6.5 today.

steelydan

Reaction score
I was gonna buy a new Harley but Momma didn't want to ride on the back anymore...we decided on a convertible. So I have been looking for a Boxster for some time now. Momma asked if I was going to take the Dodge...I said heck no...Dragged her home from Washington State today...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 71
Nice choice Steelydan.....Was thinking about xporting one from Canada a couple of years ago....u have enough room for a beauty bag in both ends as the engine is in the middle so its well balanced...

Which model... take it easy....:D

It's a 986 (Boxster) 5 speed.
Clean title, California and Washington owners.
Just need to complete the "government paperwork" up here...
Actually easier to import a car to Canada then I thought.
Cars and trucks are much cheaper in the USA...and better selection.

Sweet ride, Dan... but I also thought the Burb was the nicest vehicle!

Importing from the US isn't hard, and it doesn't even cost that much, but the 25% exchange rate right now sucks...

Best part of the tow was filling up in Sumas WA...had 991km on the Odometer. 991x10% for oversized tires is about 1090 km..which is 681 miles.
Took 38 gallons US. That is almost 18mpg at 60mph.. Trailer weighs 2500lbs going down empty, and car weighs 2800lbs = 5300lbs coming back. I'm Happy with that...:thumbsup:

Yeah I know, fuel is way cheaper over the boarder, too bad I can't go get any. I know my one friend drives over and fills his Chevy truck up with premium fuel, then comes back to Canada and siphons it into his big block Chevelle, pretty slick trick.

I was just looking at those this morning on ebay. There was some kit car show on Speed channel where they were using a boxter as the base for the kit. Would you mind sharing the year & how much$$?

Can't even come close to affording one, but when I was looking, I learned they were much cheaper than I was expecting.

I was just looking at those this morning on ebay. There was some kit car show on Speed channel where they were using a boxter as the base for the kit. Would you mind sharing the year & how much$$?

Can't even come close to affording one, but when I was looking, I learned they were much cheaper than I was expecting.

1997...paid less than a 6.5 crate engine. ):h

Back