• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dpf/cat Gone

DuraRaj

Reaction score
Finally, got rid off the evil DPF along with the cat. I didn't have any lift, did it from the ground--what a PITA!!! I had a 5" DPF back which grafted w/ a 4" MBR, with some minor fittings it seems to work well. Used PPE Race to cope w/ ECM. Couldn't wait for the spare ECM w/ '08 OS to arrive anymore...:p

Man...What a diffrence! Love that louder Turbo whistle, exhaust note is like night and day. Programmer's on level 3, can certainly feel those extra horses!
I'm stoked.:)

Before the above Mods, truck was runnin' 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds, boosted 4 wheel launch! I'll see what kind of diffrence it makes when I get the Tranny relearned.:D

They say removing the DPF really wakes the NBS trucks up!

Update

Was able to do a 1/4 mi run today...14.65 @89mph. Best 0-60 I could do was 5.8 seconds. Not much better than my previous stock settings. The tranny is probably still learning. I did not set programmer for Tranny relearn...Also, tire pressure was set @ 60/80 psi, had little traction off the line.:mmph:

I used Traxx for measurements. Will be trying again soon and I'll try to set the truck up better. See what happens...:D

I was able to do some 0-60 mph runs today. Best that I could do was 4.85 seconds, I guess the tranny have learned some.:) I also have some Horsepower readings from Traxx: avg. HP 399, and peak at 407 HP.

On this run I still had some tire spin. PSI were set @ 55/65. Perhaps, I might be able to do better on lower settings. Also, my torsion bars were jacked to 1 1/2", my normal street set up. The truck still tracked straight.

My HP reading from Traxx I believe is pretty close to real world HP. Maybe a bit conservative. Based on how fast can a certain weight can cover a distance. Maybe if I can dial in exact weight of my truck, and not have any wheelspin it would be real accurate. I could be wrong, but hey...it's pretty convincing. Let me know what you guys think...

Thats cool..

I've not seen one of those before. Good times, 4.85 is pretty quick in the 0-60..

I was able to do some 0-60 mph runs today. Best that I could do was 4.85 seconds, I guess the tranny have learned some.:) I also have some Horsepower readings from Traxx: avg. HP 399, and peak at 407 HP.

On this run I still had some tire spin. PSI were set @ 55/65. Perhaps, I might be able to do better on lower settings. Also, my torsion bars were jacked to 1 1/2", my normal street set up. The truck still tracked straight.

My HP reading from Traxx I believe is pretty close to real world HP. Maybe a bit conservative. Based on how fast can a certain weight can cover a distance. Maybe if I can dial in exact weight of my truck, and not have any wheelspin it would be real accurate. I could be wrong, but hey...it's pretty convincing. Let me know what you guys think...

Thats cool..

I've not seen one of those before. Good times, 4.85 is pretty quick in the 0-60..

Yeah, saw their commercial some years back...claim to be very accurate, they stated that allot of the car magazines uses it. It also, have some very intresting and fun features like lateral G Force rating, Radar detector, and L scrambler which worked for me on an occasion. LOL!:lol::eyebrows:

System suppose to work by sensing acceleration forces, forward and lateral.

If it can clock around mid 13's and 0-60 @ high 3's, I'll really be stoked! Considering it's only on level 3 w/ stock tranny that seems to be handling the new power easily. My hat's off to PPE!!!

What HP level is the PPE level 3 your running? RWHP or at the Flywheel?

Yeah, saw their commercial some years back...claim to be very accurate, they stated that allot of the car magazines uses it. It also, have some very intresting and fun features like lateral G Force rating, Radar detector, and L scrambler which worked for me on an occasion. LOL!:lol::eyebrows:

System suppose to work by sensing acceleration forces, forward and lateral.

If it can clock around mid 13's and 0-60 @ high 3's, I'll really be stoked! Considering it's only on level 3 w/ stock tranny that seems to be handling the new power easily. My hat's off to PPE!!!

Nice. I wonder what those LMMs sound like with no DPF. I know with the DPF, you dont hear anything.

Thanks for da nice comments guys!!! It's really hard to keep the throttle on easy mode :eyebrows:, but I've been avg. 18-19 mpg. Probably be better if I could baby it.

Talk 'bout kick, feels like your on a 7000lbs crotch rocket...what a rush!!!

hey guysi have a 2008 gmc 2500hd ive been on this forum trying to do sum research and i was wondering what do u think is the better out of the programmers between the efi live and the ppe and the differences thanks a lot your sugg would be great

Back