• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

door and ignition lock cylinders

kojo

diesel head
Reaction score
has anybody found complete lock cylinder set for 1995 burb? i have looked many online stores, but they only sell ignition lock sylinder and door cylinders (pair) separately..
All my locks are loose and i have only one working key so i was thinking it could be good idea change all cylinders if i just could find them as complete set where one key would fit all cylinders...:queasy:

Go to a locksmith. They can order them up for you and code them all alike.
If your key isn't worn out, then have them code it to that. That way, it is one less key to buy.

This is interesting... I've owned a bunch of Chevy and GMC trucks over the years and have never had one that didn't have seperate keys for the doors and ignition.
If you can get them keyed the same I sure would like to hear how you did it and what it cost.

This is interesting... I've owned a bunch of Chevy and GMC trucks over the years and have never had one that didn't have seperate keys for the doors and ignition.
If you can get them keyed the same I sure would like to hear how you did it and what it cost.

96 and newer have one key if I remember right..

My bad... My idea of a *new truck* is my '94.
My other is OldRed - '91, 350, 5 speed, C1500 which is still going strong :driving:
Other than a crash :yikes: I doubt that I'll ever replace it. I sure don't need a truck payment and I should be able to keep the old girl running for as long as I want, and fairly cheaply too.

OTOH - OldRed is leaking and burning some oil - Odometer quit at 167kmi years ago, so I figure like 200k now - I rebuilt it at around 100k but it should be freshened up pretty soon. I truely like working on SBCs, but I'm really, really considering replacing the 350 with a mechanical pump Turbo 6.5. BUT my wallet will probably insist that I just do the gasser. Bottom end is still fine, cruise control and A/C quite several years ago. Other than that (well, tires and the seat is getting a bit soft) it's still a great truck!

Last edited:
has anybody found complete lock cylinder set for 1995 burb? i have looked many online stores, but they only sell ignition lock sylinder and door cylinders (pair) separately..
All my locks are loose and i have only one working key so i was thinking it could be good idea change all cylinders if i just could find them as complete set where one key would fit all cylinders...:queasy:

Obviously your biggest problem is where you are; a GM dealer can code new cylinders to your existing key, and they are fairly reasonable in price over here ($136 plus tax for ignition cyl, 2 door cylinders, and rear door/gate cylinder). If you can find a GM dealer near you, you could get them your VIN and proof of ownership, and they should be able to code new cylinders and keys and ship them to you.

Did you tried LMCtruck.com ?

Cu,
Sven

I agree, my biggest problem really is where i am. they always sayed "it is lottery win to be birth in finland" but i think i had rather took that in cash and live in states... Here are no gm dealers, here is only stealer and that is fully worthless place for real full size chevy owner, but of course they will help if you have bought cadillac from them by 150 000$ or drive some korean made tincup what was earlier named daewoo.. (they are sold at chevrolet name in europe)

Ok, easyer than it looked like.. On big auction site was seller who had lot of different locks, i just send him message and asked serie with same key and he sold me those.. i should have them next week

Back