• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Doing injectors in a 6 leaker again

Chevy3500

Reaction score
Ok at the shop i work at one of the mechanics replaced all 8 injectors in this ford with the 6.0l. Well 4 of them went bad again so i tore it apart on friday and got the bad injectors out. Well one of the injectors was loose and you can see where the combustion gases was blowing around the o-rings. Well i pull the injector out and i cant seem to find the copper o-ring. Its not on the injector and i took out the boro scope and it does not seem to be down in the injector hole, is it possible that since the injector was loose and the hot gases got in their and melted the copper washer bec i cannot find this thing anywhere.

Not possible to completely burn off the copper without significant other damage around the sealing surfaces. Likely just missing. Double check the sealing surfaces to see if it was there. Could have fallen off outside the engine.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, ive looked every where inside the top of the motor and can seem to locate it, i guess i will do a one more check before i put it back together monday.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, ive looked every where inside the top of the motor and can seem to locate it, i guess i will do a one more check before i put it back together monday.

Its like 3 injectors on the right bank and 1 injector on the left bank, the one injector that was loose, was letting diesel into the cylinder and the other mechanic hydrolocked the motor before i ever worked on it, when he eventually got it to fire diesel was pouring from the exhaust, he isnt to bright on diesel motors.

Got the new injectors in, changed the oil and she fired right up and runs great, took it for a drive it it was smokeing for awhile bec of the diesel fuel in the exhaust from the other mechanic flooding and hydrolocking the motor but all seems well now

Back