• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does your puter wear protection?

I use Norton as I have alot of success with it, the latest version didn't allow me to modify the install, it just did what ever it wanted to, computer gets slow sometimes and Norton is always trying to do a back up....

Those are exactly some of the reasons why I no longer use Norton software on any of my computers.

I used Norton software for many many years. But I removed their crap from ALL my computers even though all my licenses were current because:
  1. It slowed my computer to a crawl.
  2. They stopped supporting the versions I had purchased, even though I had recently renewed my subscriptions. They simply told me that I had to buy a new version, which would give me another year of updates. This is bull crap!
  3. Every new version allowed less control by the user. - They now assume that every user is an idiot, so modifying anything is nearly impossible.
  4. Removing their software is an absolute pain that required manually editing the Registry in order to remove all traces of Norton software.
  5. Their copy protection scheme makes it almost impossible to transfer their software to a new replacement computer.
  6. It blocks ALL file transfers between computers in your home office network.
  7. They have gotten TOO DAMNED ARROGANT!
I now use McAfee's Security Suite that I get FREE from Comcast. At least their software is still user configurable, although it is getting more difficult with every new version.

Back