• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does This Oil Pressure Look Ok?

How do you get your truck to get that warm? The ONLY time mine has ever got that warm was when it was 100+ outside with a load of scrap iron on a trailer.

If you'll notice, the camera is back and to the left of the gauge making it appear higher than it really is. Optical illusion. Looking straight at it will show it's a hair below 210. Mine looks the same way... notice the volt meter looks like it's way higher than ~14.7 in the photo also?

If you'll notice, the camera is back and to the left of the gauge making it appear higher than it really is. Optical illusion. Looking straight at it will show it's a hair below 210. Mine looks the same way... notice the volt meter looks like it's way higher than ~14.7 in the photo also?

I guess I should've elaborated. My temp needle sits around 185 on a good warm day. It spends a lot of time on the cooler side of the gauge, I know the EGR is controlled by ECT, so I'm sure I've got a lot of soot in my intake manifold. I can't wait to block the bitch and get EFI Live.

I've gotta run across the border later today, after my truck has been running for a while I'll snap a pic of it's operating range.

How do you get your truck to get that warm? The ONLY time mine has ever got that warm was when it was 100+ outside with a load of scrap iron on a trailer.

I'm in Florida brother...):h

I never saw it that warm back home. Even with the winter cover on, it would settle at around 180 at highway speeds. And when you came to a light or stop sign, it would drop like a rock, especially when it was hovering at or around zero or below. Here, my Hyperpac live data reads at 194.4 and it wont get a smidgen over that running at highway speeds.

I'm in Florida brother...):h

I never saw it that warm back home. Even with the winter cover on, it would settle at around 180 at highway speeds. And when you came to a light or stop sign, it would drop like a rock, especially when it was hovering at or around zero or below. Here, my Hyperpac live data reads at 194.4 and it wont get a smidgen over that running at highway speeds.

I really like that Hyperpac you got. It really gives ALOT of Info on a nice big easy to Read Screen, but damn, to spend almost $800 for it to use it JUST for Gauges is NOT going to happen.

Gauges, and tuning, and 0-60, quarter mile times...It can do alot actually.

I have questioned mine a time or two also. My friends truck seems to have a little lower pressure at idle than mine. Another lly in the group seems to be slightly higher than both of our lbz's. I am starting to wonder just how accurate the factory gauges are especially after the fiasco with my tranny. Shop owner said I had to have it over 300* to melt the sensors and discolor the TC but the gauge on the dash and the evo never read over 250*. Can anyone here verify the accuracy of the factory gauge?
I will be towing my camper on Friday. I will get some pics at start up and again when up to normal running after a few miles so we can all compare.
With the problems that gm has with these gauge clusters I am skeptical about the accuracy or dependability.

I'm going to be sending my scangauge in for an update to display more parameters, but in the meantime here's what mine looks like since we're posting pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG00004.jpg
    IMG00004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG00005.jpg
    IMG00005.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 21
I was thinking about this topic a few weeks ago. My oil pressure is the same as Saratogas running Delvac1 5/40. Never bothered me until I read a thread on an oil forum that states that the DMAX oil cooling jets for the pistons work at oil pressures of 30 psi or more. Kind of like a finger on a garden hose type of thing. Some are saying that this can be a contributor to the torched piston syndrome the LBZ is having. Some people are switching back to 15/40 for this reason.

Kind of interesting....

That's with plain jane Devac 1300 (15/40). It's also while sitting in a parking lot idling with the air on- note the 145* IAT. The oil press is never below 30 (on the highly accurate gauge) at anything above an idle.

I just changed my oil last night (15W40 Rotella) so I took a close look today and up to temp I was at 57psi - 60-65 mph and 32psi idle. Both with ambient temp of 40*F and coolant at 200-205*F.
FWIW

Back