• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does This Oil Pressure Look Ok?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I switched back to 15w-40 Amsoil Heavy Duty Diesel & Marine Oil, and this is what I got now. I was previously using Amsoil Series 3000 5w-30 for 2 Oil Cycles or about 7k Miles.

First Pic is at Idle and Second is 65mph with Cruise Set.

IMO, Idle looks pretty damn Low, but maybe not? I also have a feeling my Gauge Might be off on the Cluster, because when I Read the Oil Pressure with my Insight when I first put it in, the Insight Read ALOT Higher than what was shown on the Cluster Gauge. Any Idea's about that?

When the Engine is Cold though, I do get up to 90.

Attachments

• IMG00150-20090325-1808.jpg
    IMG00150-20090325-1808.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG00151-20090325-1821.jpg
    IMG00151-20090325-1821.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 66
James, The gauge readings there are very similar to mine. What did you Insight say at first?

I don't remember what it Read, but it was a good amount Higher when I compared them. Enough for me to sit there and kinda think WTF?

K, so I just went down and compared the Insight to the Cluster Gauge and it's pretty much Spot-On now.

But I know the other Day when I looked, it was a decent Gap between the 2.

But if that's about where yours is, then I guess it's all good, right?

I would say your fine as these are high volume oil pumps not high pressure. You might see a small drop during the summer as the engine runs hotter. I run the same oil year round Schaeffer's 9000 SAE 5W-40.

James, that's within a few psi of what I've always seen (up to temp) with Rotella dino 15w40 on both the LLY and LBZ. I think you're good.

Looks exactly like mine and I'm running plain ass jane 15-40 Delvac 1300. That and Delo are the only two I've ever run.

Just a hair under 30 at idle and just a hair below 60 cruising 65-70ish when at temp. Over 90 at cold startup.

Also keep in mind when driving, your perspective is slightly back and off to the left meaning that you aren't staring straight at the oil press, volts, fuel and coolant temp gauges making them appear slightly higher than say when you stick a camera straight on and snap a pic.

The only time I've see mine right in the middle is right after I change it. I always thought mine ran pretty low as compared to my LLY. I can always tell though when its time to change it because my mileage starts to drop and the pressure gets lower and lower.

Same trip this week with new oil gave me 21.0 mpg @ 70. Last week I couldnt do any better than 19.1 at 65. Riddle me that one. I changed the oil and have been running B20.

Where are you getting B20 from?
There isn't B-anything available around here, just straight #2 from Hess stations and a couple of Mobils. There's a mfr/wholesaler on Busch Blvd, but no one sells it retail that I'm aware of.

Kennedy Space Center. Kennedy and Cape Canaveral use Ethanol and a B20 mix on all their Gov't vehicles. Its a Citgo station.

T
Same trip this week with new oil gave me 21.0 mpg @ 70. Last week I couldnt do any better than 19.1 at 65. Riddle me that one. I changed the oil and have been running B20.
were you running B20 before the oil change...

Bio is less efficient...you will get less MPG's with bio

I have been off and on.

Here's my oil pressure at 66 mph.

Attachments

• speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 28
Back