• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

does anyone run a.....

flyinvega75

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone has a cold weather grill cover for their rig that they use when it is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Cause lately it has been colder than that in the Midwest and my truck just does not blow real hot air. My temp gauge is reading fine but when I stop the temp drops dramatically. Thanks for any help guys and if you do run one where is the best place to get one that's not too expensive.

I put mine on a couple days ago, hadn't used it for a few years, couldn't find it.:rolleyes5:

My truck will blow warm air with or without down to -40. Do you know what condition your T stats are in? One could be stuck partly open.

I always run the winter one but never a summer one.

Mine is a Lund all black plastic and is in three pieces so if it gets a little warm out or towing a big load i can pop out a piece or two

You have a restriction in the heater core fitting on the t-stat housing. This frequently goes missing and can over cool the engine.

Little fuel burned or downhill no fuel can really cool off the engine.

Yep I run one, makes for quicker warm ups and beats the hell out of a piece of cardboard. Mine is made by FIA and is custom fit. Whats neat is you also get a summer front fly screen which works real well at keeping the bugs out of the cooling stack.

Cheers
Nobby

I have snap in plastic panels for the truck. Only problem is I never got them snapped in this, the year of disasters. LOL

The shed door is still wide open and all I do is go to Doc appointments and play on Flaceblook

good day to own white trucks. found a real classy sheet of white cardboard. fold it accordingly, and leave it gapped a tick on the left for max oil cooler cooling. one bungee strap holds it on.

it would be nice to get a real winterfront some day! :)

Thank you all for your feedback I'm thinking my tstat is screwed I really don't want to get out there and do it now too damn cold high of 11 today doesn't seem like fun right now but guess I got to do it thanks again everyone.

I have to stuff a blanket under the heater box on the passenger side of the dash. The heater blows warm but it's still cold on my feet. Somewhere on the passenger side there is a draft. When it gets close to 0 driving on the freeway BURRRR!!

Pretty much any canvas (boat covers and such) or awning shop will make one custom for you for $75 or so.
Mine has a zipper in the middle so I can open it up on warmer days.
You will lose some fuel mileage running it FYI.

Back