• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Do you feel your suspension load/unload at a light?

Ozzie

Snow looming...run!!
Reaction score
Truck in sig...I feel this more often than not when pulling up to a stop or starting again. It feels like the read end of the truck moves or loads/unloads a bit as if it's trying to adjust to the stop and go...

Is this normal? Is this the torque I'm feeling? I didn't have this with the gasser...

THat used to be a BIG problem on late '90's Fords. Problem was driveshaft spline binding up and not sliding smoothly as suspension moves up and down. The fix was to pack the splines with this funky blue teflon grease, and it worked.

If you don't think what you are feeling is normal, try pulling the d/s and cleaning, then packing the splines. If you can find a teflon based thick grease, that would be ideal

Last edited:
I agree with Chromer.

Mine felt like the whole rear end was trying to shift back and forth under the truck, only at a stop or start. Pull the driveshaft and lube it real well. I do mine every other oil change now. No more clunk.

If you get a clunk when you start/stop moving, then the driveshaft spline lube will definitely take care of it.

Nice...not that it needs attention, but that I have and idea what is going on.
I was trying to figure out if this was normal, and it didn't feel like it.

Looks like I'll be getting my all fluids switched to synthetic soon, so this will be added to the list.

You guys are the best...:smilewinkgrin:

...BTW...any chance of me hurting anything in the meantime? I do pull a good sized RV trailer and it feels odd starting out. That's what prompted the thread as I noticed it feels worse with a load.

Back