• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Do I need more than just a license

Clark20ry

Agent #58 OB-DII A(ALCU)
Reaction score
I have a question. I have someone at work that has EFILive. I am going to buy a license for diagnosis but will the licence work for tuning? of do I need more hardware. I would like the DSP5 but I am not able to purchase the full V2 EFILive yet.... :confused:

TIA

I have a question. I have someone at work that has EFILive. I am going to buy a license for diagnosis but will the licence work for tuning? of do I need more hardware. I would like the DSP5 but I am not able to purchase the full V2 EFILive yet.... :confused:

TIA

You don't even need a license for Diagnostics. He can plug in the "Scan Tool" and log for free with the V2 Hardware. If you want to TUNE your truck you need a V2 License.

To get that, you'll need his Flashscan Serial # and Activation Code to give to the vendor you buy the license from. Personally, I just buy directly from the EFILive site, and it is emailed to you with-in minutes.

That V2 license will allow him to Tune your truck.

What about the DSP5 I want to be able to change tunes or do I need the flash scan tool permanetly...

What about the DSP5 I want to be able to change tunes or do I need the flash scan tool permanetly...
You can use his and your license to hook up a switch and flash the correct tune file for your DSP to work.

If you want to modify the 5 tunes that your friend puts on the truck, you would have to have a V2 to do that.

Back