• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY Oil Cooler Lines (Small Lines)

NVW

Reaction score
I got the hose and fittings at our local Bumper to Bumper/ tire shop/ farm supply place. Castor is a small town so one store supplies many things. The hose is 1/2" double braid hyd. hose. The block 90* fittings have 3/8" male npt. on one end and 1/2" JIC. on the other end(part # JCM06-NPM08). One end of the hose has a crimped on fitting that has a 1/2" compression fitting to go on the original 1/2" aluminum pipe that was cut below the rad (GoodYear part # B2-FTM-0808). The other end of the hose has a 1/2" JIC. female swivel that is crimped on the hose (part # B2-JCFX-0808). The total length of one hose with fittings is 42" the other is 44". I had to remove about 1/8" of material off of the filter housing edge because of interference with the hoses at the 90* fittings. Leo

Attachments

• oil cooler lines 1.jpg
    oil cooler lines 1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 237
  • oil cooler lines 2.jpg
    oil cooler lines 2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 203
  • oil cooler lines 3.jpg
    oil cooler lines 3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 193
  • oil cooler lines 4.jpg
    oil cooler lines 4.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 183
was your filter housing a pain to get lose mines being a bit stubbern and im affraid to crack it with a impact but the 2ft breaker isnt doing it. any tips?

3/4" drive socket(grind a flat on the hex side, the bolthead is kinda shallow),extension,ratchet and 4' snipe and give'r,you wont break the bolt or the housing

I got the hose and fittings at our local Bumper to Bumper/ tire shop/ farm supply place. Castor is a small town so one store supplies many things. The hose is 1/2" double braid hyd. hose. The block 90* fittings have 3/8" male npt. on one end and 1/2" JIC. on the other end(part # JCM06-NPM08). One end of the hose has a crimped on fitting that has a 1/2" compression fitting to go on the original 1/2" aluminum pipe that was cut below the rad (GoodYear part # B2-FTM-0808). The other end of the hose has a 1/2" JIC. female swivel that is crimped on the hose (part # B2-JCFX-0808). The total length of one hose with fittings is 42" the other is 44". I had to remove about 1/8" of material off of the filter housing edge because of interference with the hoses at the 90* fittings. Leo
good job:thumbsup:
You not afraid the hoses are to close to the manyfold and will get burned?

I made mine out of 1/2 hydr tubing most of the way before going hose

BTW,i got same color trucky

good job:thumbsup:
You not afraid the hoses are to close to the manyfold and will get burned?

I made mine out of 1/2 hydr tubing most of the way before going hose

BTW,i got same color trucky

2-3 yrs and no problem yet, no accounting for good taste:thumbsup:

Back