• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY Injector/ Glow Plug replacement thread?

BigBlueChevy

Compression Ignition Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys:hello:. Hope things have been going well for everybody.

I'll be installing New Injectors and Glow Plugs on the little Green truck this weekend and noticed that we didn't have a "How to Replace your Injectors and Glow Plugs" thread in the tech section. Perhaps I just searched for to many words or its a rather old thread.

None the less, who all would be interested in me putting together a thread for this?

Regards,
Jamie

I can't think of a reason not to. This place is what WE make it. Lots of pics really helps.

Great cause I want to put in the manual glow plug mod!!! Well when Leroy finishes getting all my money for other stuff I am going to do the glow plug thing! LOL :rolleyes5: :thumbsup:

Sounds like I'll be doing a "How to Thread" this weekend then :thumbsup: Just wasn't sure if someone had already gone and made one. I'll stick it in the 6.5 / 6.2 Tech section once its all finished being put together, and of course, lots of pics!

orrum, like NVW said already yes it does apply to your rig as well. Slight differences here and there but the basic procedure will be the same. Probably a little easier room wise as well since the OBS trucks have those big boxy noses. Doing the relay mod is a piece of cake but if you want I can also make up a small thread on making a push button override if you need.

Regards,
Jamie

Yes thats what I want so I can heat her up to start on a single tank wvo blend.Thanks Big Blue I am sure a lot of folks will appreciate it, lot of us newbies!

There are a few injector replacement threads, but I dont remember if any good pictures for it, and I have a hard time coming up with anything on search.

Thats the thread I used.

Fun job. Video would be more entertaining than pictures. I know I was making funny noises getting the passenger side! :)

Just finished replacing mine this afternoon. Honestly, the passenger side wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Number 6 was harder to do than Number 8. I pulled the battery ( passenger side), air box, CDR and plumbing, Turbo and exhaust heat shield. I did use the correct socket- one without wrench flats would have been impossible to use. I did put the return cap on #8 before I installed the new injector. Made it a lot easier.

I plan to get my original injectors rebuilt and carry them with me as spares. You just never know.....

Back