• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Discussion on ideal diesel fuel temps...

Great White can you paraphase a bit of your reference article my virus software warned me and did not download it for some reason. Its fairly picky.

You might find a really old thread post on it on diesel place (use my same username schiker and fuel temp as search criteria)

Not that I had any real info but I may have linked something or you might find TD's reply with some of his data.

My fuel temp may also be affected since I rose the fuel filter manager up over the engine intake. and the Dmax fan may put lots of air over it now. I also removed this spring thing that used to go around the fuel heater that made the fuel go up it in a corkscrew manner before getting into the filter. I imagine it was to make more surface area for the heater and restrict fuel to have to be touched by it, but I wanted more fuel pressure to the IP.

Just to wet your appetite I did a quick search over on the place and pulled up a few old threads. Didn't see any real good ones this evening but I have tried jumping in a few times but can only really spur the discussion I never really found definative performance data on merits or vices of fuel temperature as it relates to the 6.5.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206693&highlight=fuel+temperature

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61523&highlight=fuel+temp

Weak but one did have some info on 135F iirc as suggested max supply temperature.

Back