• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dilema...

Acesneights1

Reaction score
Was at the bone yard yesterday looking for a better seat for my CUCV. Found a decent one out of a late 80's Ford F150. But here's my issue...They have a mid 80's k1500/6.2 diesel with every option . They want 350$ for the cab with all wiring. It's pretty hard to find a cab already setup for diesel with a/c and cruise etc. Although I'm not sure if I want to change the CUCV over maybe I should buy the cab ? The cab is actually not in that great of shape. The one on my CUCV is near mint with the now repaired drivers side floor but I could gut everything from the other cab including the wiring harness. I don't know.... Could probably even get 50-100$ for the cab after i gut it.

go for it, :thumbsup: I have no clue about up north but, down south AC is a mandatory item in a vehicle.

I know it would be nice to have all the wiring in case I want to do away with the 24v system and have full guages again although i already bought autometer full sweeps anyway.

do me a favor. if they sell you the entire truck, and you plan on using that under dash A/C setup for the CUCV, PM me about the factory A/C underhood parts.

You can run both 24v and 12v systems at the same time if you you wire them off the batteries properly, you know that, right Kenny?

yep. Two ways to do it. Like it currenty is with a resistor or a series parallel switch like the old Macks used to use. I had a long talk with the guy at Guys Auto Electric in south windsor about it. He said yes the 24v will start a little better in the cold etc but like he said "How many 12v ones are running around that start fine too ?" The army used 24v to keep everything the same plus I "think" the radio equip is all 24v. Bottom line, I won't screw with it until it gives me a reason to.

Pretty sure radio equipt is 24v too.

If DS batteries negative is hooked to pass sides positives, the positive on the DS batt will output 24v, while the positive on the PS battery still outputs 12v is how I understand it.

I can tell you want the cab! :) I personally would go for it. better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I personally would look into the whole truck if possible.

Junkyard has it. They will not sell it whole. The rest is junk anyway. Cab's not even that good, it's more the wiring and accesories I was interested in. I'd probably swap the stuff into my cab. My cab is very clean.

Back