• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Digital Gauges?

whatnot

Reaction score
I am looking for opinions on digital gauges. I am looking at the Autometer Cobalts. How do they compare to regular gauges? I am planning on putting them in the overhead console. One of the reasons I am thinking of getting the digital ones is because of the angle.
Also, why do fuel pressure gauges cost so much? It is 2 - 3 times as much as an oil pressure gauge. Is there any difference besides the words on them? (both 0-100psi)

I run the cobalts but as mechanical gauges.

Fuel pressure gauges cost so much do to the electrnic sending unit so no fuel is run into the cab.

beats me. But IIRC the oil pressure unit just threadsd in somewhere. whereas the fuel pressure splices into the line

I just finished installing them. It was kind of disappointing to see that the boost gauge won't read below 5psi. Autometer says it it is 0-60 but it is really 5-60 psi. I called them and they said that is the way it is supposed to work.
My camera for some reason can't get a picture of the all the numbers on the gauges at the same time. I had to use my cell phone for the pic with them turned on.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they are way too bright at night. I need to try putting a resistor in the wire.
Anyone have any idea what resistance to use? I am going to use one resistor for both gauges.

Back