• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

different ip

devildogadam

Reaction score
I was just wondering today, has anyone successfully put a diferent pump on these engines other than the db2/ds4. I have seen videos of the twin pumped 6.2 but has anyone managed to squeeze a big injection pump on these poor motors and been able to supply the fuel needed for making high hp numbers. I am just wondering if it can be done

No but you can get a 400hp worth of fuel out of a tweaked DB pump with the right internals and setup.

You start by getting air in and out of these engines. Wiring the factory turbo wastegate shut isn't helping the engine. Getting the restrictive factory turbo off the engine is a good place to start. 4" exhaust... As it is there is simply not enough air to use all the fuel the pumps can give the engine without changes.

They do make a 4 plunger marine pump for these engines. (Peninsular Diesel)

I was just wondering today, has anyone successfully put a diferent pump on these engines other than the db2/ds4. I have seen videos of the twin pumped 6.2 but has anyone managed to squeeze a big injection pump on these poor motors and been able to supply the fuel needed for making high hp numbers. I am just wondering if it can be done

Please take video when you do pull off the high hp run. Engine grenades are always fun to watch, especially when they're not your own.

Please take video when you do pull off the high hp run. Engine grenades are always fun to watch, especially when they're not your own.

:lmao: That was cold :D

In chatting with Peninsular, they feel a stock DS4 is capable of 250 hp after tweaking the programming (yet at the same time would not share a fuel profile or name of a programmer, hmmmm . . .) and increasing the injector pop pressure. Will find out soon if this holds true.

First step, buy a GEP or P400, then max out the pumps, :thumbsup:

With good maintenance the stock motors will last. Mine has 270k miles I run high rpm and more boost than recommended all the time just waitin on the gm cast to take a crap on me so I can replace it with a GEP, but it hasn't yet. Still runs good with almost no blowby, I change my oil every 3 months or 3000mi full synthetic. Maintenance is key. These old motors don't like to be neglected. At the time of 6.5L dyno numbers where he got 274hp and 440lb ft tq, we had the same mods except he has a db2 and I have a ds4. I have never dyno'd mine but I bet it's close to 100hp over stock. Watch after I say all this I'll go blow it up tonight but it's all good. Lol

Back