• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel Kleen? ATF? Stanadyne? Donkey Pi$$?

I ran Howe's after I first got my truck in the winter. I like Howe's, but the price went up so I stopped using it. I think it is great for winter use.

Currently running a TCW3 type 2-cycle errl. Quart to a full 32 gallon (or 34?) tank. 1:128 ratio. Cannot tell any difference but hoping it will prolong my IP and squirts.

Howes my get a whirl. Never tried any yet.

After reading this thread and seeing what others are using I run the Amsoil diesel additive and their cetane booster. I run it in both the D/A and TDI. It is not inexpensive but I have been running it in my diesels for around 900K miles and it has worked well

Thanks Silveradoman, I have never done a cost analysis as I am afraid I would be shocked at the "Sticker Price" I am paying for those two additives. But, like you said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Ok here is my formula, 6 gallon used veggie oil, 2 qts k-1, 1qt reg gas, 2 ounces naptha paint thinner, 4 ounces Power Service. Run it all weather, seen ice freeze on my 70 micron auxilary filter under the cab and no gel problems. Reg gas is a biocide so no black death from bugs in the tank. Every oil change put in a full tank of diesel with two bottles of Stanadyne and do a Italian tuneup. Put her on the interstate and run her uphill at 75mph in third gear then cool her out in overdrive. Head of Mercedes classic car mechanical troubleshooter reccommended Italian Tuneup, his name is Tom and unlike the rest of the world he is happy to discuss their diesel engines and alternative fuels. My old girl has 326000 miles and the last 20000 were running raw veggie oil. She runs like a scared haint!!!

I Alternate between Diesel Kleen and Howes.

The only Difference I can tell is they Smell Different, and my Truck Smokes more with Diesel Kleen.

Never had a Problem with Gelling in the Winter.

Howes is Currently in my Tank.

I ran Amsoil additives till recently. Several of my friends have been running Schaeffer's 2000 winter and summer additive and having good luck - not that I didn't with the Amsoil.

Back