• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel engine supplement from owners manual

MrMarty51

Reaction score
In the owners manual, there is not much about diesel engine specs and maintenance, it says refere to the diesel engine supplement manual.
has anyone ever seen one of these books ?
I do not really need one, just thought it would be a good compliment to the truck to have it.

I have one and looked at it a long time ago. It did not impress me then or now. Pulled it out for you and its not much. It covers specifics on some stuff like the K47 air box, fuel filter, maintenance schedule, diesel engine capacities. Its about 1/4 the size of the truck manual and overall doesn't cover any general truck stuff like seats. Almost half of it is the maintenance schedule.

Attachments

• half.JPG
    half.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 5
  • maint.JPG
    maint.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 5
FYI here is the table of contents. You could probably find it on the net. Might could find one on ebay.

Not worth the effort but nice to have for sentiment and just so you can say you have all the OE paperwork if you already have it.

Attachments

• TOC.JPG
    TOC.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 4
FYI here is the table of contents. You could probably find it on the net. Might could find one on ebay.

Not worth the effort but nice to have for sentiment and just so you can say you have all the OE paperwork if you already have it.
The having the full set of papers is about all that it would be.
Thank You very much for taking the time and energy it takes to post in them pics.

When I do a search for the 2000 diesel owners manual supplement, about all that comes up is about Duramax.
could You post in the part number or the publication number ?
I called our local Chevrolet dealer, they finally got back to Me, the only literature they can get for that truck is the repair manual.

FWIW. I bought one from a dealer ~5 - 6 years ago. Do not remember the cost, but recall that it was not abnormally expensive.

Only reason I bought the diesel supplement was that I could not find online.

Marty, I guess you found the supplement in PDF format? I found that online, I suppose you could print what you needed?

Thank You very much Schiker. I`ll try a search from those n umbers. I did find one in ebay, after much searching. It was in England, shipping was close to 25 bucks but I`m not sure how much to the USA.

Back