• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

did glow plugs and battery connection mod yesterday

qak

Reaction score
Well i broke one off in the head@#$@$#@ 6 old ones came right out. One broke off and one didnt want to budge so i left it alone for now. Ive been reading up on getting them out and looks like im kinda screwed on the broken one. Ill try the crc freeze on the other one. Can i just get some good heat in the motor and try it that way, or do i need to find a torch and try that and crc freeze?

The battery mod went good except for a slip of the razer blade, ouch. but it does turn over much faster after that. also cleaned the big frame ground to firewall with the fenderwell out. the strap was broken anyway so i made two 10 gauge wires and ran them instead. im not sure but it seems like the truck runs smoother with doing that new ground. doesnt make sense to me and might be my imagination but seems smoother.

Grounds are everything on these trucks. Clean them all and it will help out with crazy stuff.

The battery mod helps but, larger cables when you can afford them make the night and day difference.

I have not had the luxury of new glow plugs yet, I am not looking forward to swapping them out either.

................but it does turn over much faster after that. also cleaned the big frame ground to firewall with the fenderwell out. the strap was broken anyway so i made two 10 gauge wires and ran them instead. im not sure but it seems like the truck runs smoother with doing that new ground. doesnt make sense to me and might be my imagination but seems smoother.
what truck are you working on? update your sig so we can get it in our heads.

Guess im too dumb to figure out how to do that lol. Its a 1995 k3500 5 speed.

Guess im too dumb to figure out how to do that lol. Its a 1995 k3500 5 speed.
look at the top of the page under 'forum actions', under 'edit profile' open that up, look to the left and look for 'edit signature' then you can add one. basically, it's under your profile page

I got the last holdout glowplug that was causing me trouble. After multiple spraying of lube and hot cold cycles from driving it the last week i tried again today. It turned with a moderate amount of force, say 35 foot pounds. Maybe 1/8 of a turn and then i just kept spraying and turning back and forth to make sure it didnt break. Came right out after that, so now ive got 7 working plugs and am unsure if im going to mess with the broken one?? All ill say for anyone getting ready to mess with this is to spray spray spray, and when your done spray some more. Take it easy and if one gives you too much fits, leave it till last if you can and then maybe break out the torch and crc freeze and see what happens. Also, big big tip is to always use copper anti sieze , even if you dont want to keep it. You will at least be helping the next guy!!!

i am jealous of your trans. i am having trouble with mine and am ready to yank it out or put in a manual valve body.
good to see your signature.

Yeah look I was smart enough to figure it out. With a little help:thumbsup:

Back