• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Did A New DRL Mod On The Truck Today

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for a while now, and I finally did it.

I Tapped my High Beams off the DRL Circuit, so now when my DRL's come On, the High Beams do as well. The High Beams are now DRL's ONLY. They no longer Function as a High Beam. I have Lights in my Bumper that I Use as High Beams that are Tapped off the High Beam Circuit.

IMO, this is Good if you Live in Areas where People are always Pulling Out in front of you and Think our Big Trucks can Stop just as good as a Small Car, Especially when Pulling a Load. Now, there is no way they can Say they didn't See you Coming.

There is no Extra Strain on any of the Electrical Components or Wiring, Relays are Used for all Added Lighting Circuits.

I am Using my Special Orange 9005 Bulbs that I was Selling a while ago, so they Match the Orange DRL's Perfectly.

Here's some Pics:

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Do you still have some of those available James?

either my fog relay is bad or they are both burnt out and I need to buy two more from you...

I'll look around for you and See if I have any left. These were the 2 Used ones I had on my Truck when I still had the OE Bumper & Fogs.

You're gonna get heat scarring inside the housings. Those bulbs run HOT. Mine scarred with very little use.

I dunno? A few Cars Use their High Beams as DRL's. We'll See.

I only say it because it will look like your high beams are on to oncoming traffic. With the hieght of your truck and the inward position I know I would have my finger on my high beams tring to figure out if I should flash you. :eek:

I only say it because it will look like your high beams are on to oncoming traffic. With the hieght of your truck and the inward position I know I would have my finger on my high beams tring to figure out if I should flash you. :eek:

It's the Daytime, I don't See it bothering People that bad.

Something is "up" with my Passenger Side Housing though. The High Beam on that Side is WAY out of Alignment, and it's not Bulb. Too bad you can't Adjust the High Beams Separate.

Tapered the Brightness a little Bit.

Switched to Clear 9140 Bulbs (37w) in the High Beam Spot and Clear DRL Bulbs.

Back to LED's for me.

These are the Brightest that V Offers right now, and they are DEF as Bright or Brighter than the Halogens I had in the DRL & High Beam Spot.

IMG_0278.jpg

Yea, they really are Bright.

I'd love to Use the Brightest ones that V Offers, but at around $200 for me to do all 4 Lights, they're gonna have to be ALOT Brighter than what I got in here now for me to wanna Spend that much on 4 LED Bulbs.

12 lights up front :eek: can the alt handle it!

14...you Missed the 2 in the Middle of the Bumper. ;)

Most of them are LED anyways, so Power Draw is Minimal.

The the Alt. is a 300a Mechman, so it Laughs when everything is On. Voltage Gauge doesn't even Flinch.

I figured they were LED. Sometimes when a Dmax truck drives by I think I hear laughter they must have Mechman's too?
My little Suburban has a 150 amp alt, it just giggles.

Back