• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diablosport

scooter_092196

Reaction score
Well, I got my Diablosport Predator last night, loaded it up and all I can say is WOW. Night and day difference. Going to straight pipe my stock exhaust for now to help with the EGT's. Just filled her up and going to light foot it for the next few tanks, which I do most of the time anyway, and see what kind of mileage increases I can see. I've been averaging 17mpg with 3/4 daily driving and 1/4 towing. I commute to work 33 miles one way and have been setting the cruise at 65. Hoping to maybe see 20mpg.

Well, I got my Diablosport Predator last night, loaded it up and all I can say is WOW. Night and day difference. Going to straight pipe my stock exhaust for now to help with the EGT's. Just filled her up and going to light foot it for the next few tanks, which I do most of the time anyway, and see what kind of mileage increases I can see. I've been averaging 17mpg with 3/4 daily driving and 1/4 towing. I commute to work 33 miles one way and have been setting the cruise at 65. Hoping to maybe see 20mpg.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't. What setting do you have it on?

youll have that.

You should see 20s with a light foot. I pound on mine with a huge smokey tune and get 15 w/35" tires.

After this tank give the 85HP setting a shot. Most see the best gain with that. Be easy with the right foot is the key thing. :)

I also this weekend put in a Diablosport Predator tune. I am running the 85 HP tune :eyebrows:. All I can say is nice. I have about the same commute an lots of fuel milage data so I will chime back in later this week on my findings.

I too have not seen much in the way of fuel mileage increase. I can take it as easy as humanly possible and have only seen about 18mpg. Perhaps adding a free-flowing exhaust would help a bit?

Randy, he said he put it on the 65

You're not going to see a huge difference in mileage. You might gain 1-2.

mpg gains

Here is my 2cents. As you can see by my sig, I run the PPE tuner 225hp setting and I have been getting about 17 mpg city and 20 mpg highway no towing involved. I am easy on the right foot for sure and have never wot and only 70% throttle once in a while. I do not want to retire the tranny prematurely.

For whatever its worth.

I have a ppe also and have not used the higher settings .over concerns of motor longevity.I am getting 17 on hwy .would love to get my lly to 20 ...no towing involved.

The reality is that any power increase technically could shorten the life of the motor. But this depends on how much you use the increased power, the right foot. With a well maintained powertrain and a conservative use of the power you should get good life from the motor. I can tell you from my little bit of experience, the additional power on demand can be hard to resist at times, and if you are looking to add the increase of power, isn't the whole idea to use the increased power??

I could never get an better than 18.7 our of my 04 LLY. This was with Edge, Hypertech and finally Predator 85. I babied it all I could and kept it at or under 70 and 18.7 was all she wrote. So imagine my surprise when I broke 22 out of my LBZ my first highway trip.

Back