• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

diablo reads boost????

greatwhitecracker

Reaction score
Looking in the ''real time data section'' I think thats what its called, there is a spot that reads boost but it always stays at zero on mine, even at full throttle. Am I reading something wrong?

My Predator read boost fine when I run one. Possibly a bad tuner maybe?

Oooh.... I really didn't want to hear that! Guess I'm gonna have to get in-touch with the manufacturer, hope its just my mistake.

Oooh.... I really didn't want to hear that! Guess I'm gonna have to get in-touch with the manufacturer, hope its just my mistake.

IIRC, I could build boost through the Programmer actually driving or just sitting in park. Have you tried both?

Yeah, the first time I tried it it was idling in park showing 0 which is normal I believe, so I gave it some fuel and it didn't move. Next I tried it at various stages of highway driving at all throttle positions and nothing. If its supposed to show boost it sucks that it doesn't, but its not the end of the world for me. I'm just glad the 85 tune works:D

Yeah, the first time I tried it it was idling in park showing 0 which is normal I believe, so I gave it some fuel and it didn't move. Next I tried it at various stages of highway driving at all throttle positions and nothing. If its supposed to show boost it sucks that it doesn't, but its not the end of the world for me. I'm just glad the 85 tune works:D

Yes. I would say tuner malfunction..

Well, its not really a problem...the Predator only reads what the PCM sees, and the PCM does not monitor boost, so the Predator has no way to display it.
To see boost you need a boost guage. Thats the way Diablo explained it to me after talking to them

Well, its not really a problem...the Predator only reads what the PCM sees, and the PCM does not monitor boost, so the Predator has no way to display it.
To see boost you need a boost guage. Thats the way Diablo explained it to me after talking to them

That maybe a difference in the models then.

It did read boost on my 06. Maybe there were software changes between the years?

I'm still learning so dont quote me but IIRC the newer DMAX has a vvt and my lb7 doesnt. If the vvt is controlled by the pcm I would imagine the pred would read boost that way... I dont know wtf I'm trying to say...where did all the smart people go:nerd: I just lift heavy things:doh:

The VGTurbo on the newer trucks is controlled by the ECM. The older LB7s have a boost pressure sensor as well.

The Edge does read it, but the stock sensor just flat out sucks.

I have a good Autometer boost gauge and was running the Edge for a little bit to kind of copy their tunes, and the edge read a few psi different than the actual pressure, it also maxxed out at 26.2 for some reason while I could hit 33psi on the "real" gauge.

I would talk to the manufacturder if its not supposed to then its not supposed to, if it is supposed to send it back and have them fix it or send you a new one.

Your not missing out on much, as Ive said the stock sensor just flat out sucks.

Back