• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Denali 6.0L P0300 Random Misfire

whatnot

Reaction score
My dad had an '02 GMC Sierra Denali with 6.0 liter that has been getting a random misfire code. Sometimes it flashes the SES light while driving.
So far the fuel and air filters and spark plugs were changed and the MAF was cleaned.
Is there a common cause for this or is it going to be a lot of parts replacing?
Also, it sounds like it might have a small exhaust leak. Can that possibly cause the misfire?

hook up a scanner and look at misfires, should show current and history misfire... you want to look at the history #'s

Check all plug wires. After being replaced, or replacing plugs, they tend to pop off for the first while. Mine did for about 6 months, and has been fine since.

Last edited:
I'd replace the wires. They're relatively cheap, and one more variable eliminated. Be sure you use di-electric grease on the boots. I like the Beldin Premium wires from NAPA.

He took it to the dealer and they said it is the injectors. They cleaned them and said there were a couple that were still misfiring. They told told him to drive it for a while and if they don't clear up then they will have to be replaced. It has been quite a while since then so he will have to get them replaced.

Back