• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DEI Alarms & Remote Starts New Interface

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
For anyone that might be Thinking about a DEI Alarm and or Remote Start for the Holidays, they now make an Interface for your Smartphone: iPhone, Blackberry, Android, so that you don't even need your Alarm Remote anymore.

Your Phone can now Function as the Alarm Remote.

You can Lock / Unlock, Panic, Remote Start, Pop the Trunk, or Program in any other Options into the Alarm and Control them with your Phone.

Does it use cell signal to do this, or other form of communication protocol like RF? I want to do this for me wife as she wants remote start and needs a new cell phone also.

Straight from DEI: With Viper SmartStart, there is no such thing as "too far away." Viper SmartStart works over the 3G cellular network or over Wi-Fi, giving you virtually unlimited range anywhere in the U.S. As long as your vehicle is in range of a GSM cellular signal and your phone has a 3G or Wi-Fi signal, SmartStart will work.

I've been leaning toward having the remote start installed, and this will push me over the edge. Does anyone have a Long Island shop that they'd recommend? Or am I better off tackling this myself?

Thanks maxx, I called our shop installer and told him what I want, he told me around 400 hundred bucks and I will be remoteless with the smart start. Never even knew they had it.

Speedworld FX in Riverhead. Their Number is 727-1500

They do awesome Work and have done ALOT of Work on my Vehicles for me.

Back