• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Deep Cooling Pan options

buddy

Reaction score
Anyone have any problems with the less expensive deep pans with air tubes through them, like this one?
Tranny Pan with tubes.jpg

Are there any issues with the gasket area bending when tightening bolts? Otherwise there are the expensive cast aluminum ones that claim wont bend.

30% of the cost seems nice and I like the air cooling idea, especially since the pan will drop it into the airstream more.

Thanks, Tom

I have that type on my 4L80 and the problem is there's always a bit of a leak around the front mating area or the rear. For me, I retorqed to pan bolts thursday nite before I loaded up for Shreveport, La., upon return I checked for leaks, notta.... The short of it is, these are known to be leaky...but very good cooling IMO.

I have one of those for sale... haven't listed it yet, though. I'll try to get it posted in the 6.5 classifieds tomorrow.

Back