• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Debadged 03

Pipepro

McMuddy
Reaction score
Finally couldnt stand it and had to try and get the badges offf my '03. Pulled it in the shop Saturday, got some fishing line, a hair dryer, and some Goo Off. I started on the tailgate just to see how it would go. Peeled some off with just the hairdryer, others needed the fishing line and some heat. A bit of scrubbing with the glue remover and a wash and wax and you cant hardly tell they were ever on there. Pulled the 4x4 stickers, the LT badge, the silly chrome trim pieces on the doors, and lastly the Dmax 2500 badges went. I was worried that with an older truck there would be a lot of paint fade, but with the wash n wax its very hard to see any difference. Painted the bowtie last, a friend had some House of Color plastic paint, and the pearl black really makes it look different.

DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

I think I need to pull the grill and paint the braces and such behind it black, they look kinda silly now that I see the pictures.

Back