• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dealer won't cover non-stock!

I ended up taking it to purrformance diesel in Fredericktown, OH. Their rates were lower since it was looking like it wasn't going to be covered under warranty. They called today and said they were able to get the injectors covered under warranty! Get this, they are taking it to the same dealer that told me they couldn't do mine to begin with! He thinks the injector pump might be bad though too. At least the injectors are getting covered though! Anyone ever do an injector pump?

Last edited:
what is the reason given for bad i/p? and just an fyi, the injector warranty is at the dealer discretion. yes they are required to follow the service procedure, yada yada, but when you have a dedicated customer and if you put customer service first the injectors get done. once the job is done there is no way to verify what is written on the spec sheet, and 100% of the time the injectors are bad, and gm only wants to pay for 50% of the actual jobs under there bull crap policy.

Well, the drama continues! Once the dealer saw the truck, it dawned on them that they said they wouldn't do the injectors, so they are backing out of it now. If anyone knows of a dealer that will stand up to this crap and do the work, I'll put it on my trailer and haul it with my brothers cummins about anywhere! Unreal!

Well, the drama continues! Once the dealer saw the truck, it dawned on them that they said they wouldn't do the injectors, so they are backing out of it now. If anyone knows of a dealer that will stand up to this crap and do the work, I'll put it on my trailer and haul it with my brothers cummins about anywhere! Unreal!

I took mine to three different dealers...got new injectors...then had to fix it myself...

yes i do, and he did his himself because apparently good diesel mechanics are hard to come by at a dealer these days.

Diesel mechanics period are hard to come by at a dealer (at least any around here).

I stopped in on a Sat for a 10min job and was more than willing to pay the hour they were going to charge me. "Our diesel tech is off today." ...but I just need my radio reprogrammed?

what is the reason given for bad i/p? and just an fyi, the injector warranty is at the dealer discretion. yes they are required to follow the service procedure, yada yada, but when you have a dedicated customer and if you put customer service first the injectors get done. once the job is done there is no way to verify what is written on the spec sheet, and 100% of the time the injectors are bad, and gm only wants to pay for 50% of the actual jobs under there bull crap policy.

Most they can get out of it is 18,000 PSI. Should be 24,000 PSI?? Any good DIY on replacing the injector pump? Did some searching but couldn't find much.

i just replied to your efi question. okay, the pump is not likely the issue. monitor your balance rates using the efi live scan tool, and go from there. you can also use the bidirectional controls to ramp the fuel pressure yourself. see what it reaches.

i just replied to your efi question. okay, the pump is not likely the issue. monitor your balance rates using the efi live scan tool, and go from there. you can also use the bidirectional controls to ramp the fuel pressure yourself. see what it reaches.

I don't have EFI yet, but considering it as a diag tool as much as a programmer. What is leading you to beleive it isn't the CP3?

bad injectors will cause low pressure. it is safe to say it may still be a bad cp3 but to diag it right we need to start with the obvious known issues with the lb7. i had 2 bad injectors and low rail pressure condition in my truck, we did the injectors first, then tackled the pressure problem. it ended up being the cp3 also.

bad injectors will cause low pressure. it is safe to say it may still be a bad cp3 but to diag it right we need to start with the obvious known issues with the lb7. i had 2 bad injectors and low rail pressure condition in my truck, we did the injectors first, then tackled the pressure problem. it ended up being the cp3 also.

Good info! Thanks! Did you just do the 2 injectors that were bad? I keep hearing I should do all 8 at once! Ouch $$$$

yes i have an lly though. you can do just the ones that are bad, but it is alot of work to do multiple times if another goes bad 6 months down the road. plus the cost of gaskets ect. each time.

Here's the thing about dealers and 'add-ons'

Although some quote the Moss Act good luck. It's timely and expensive. I've said it 100 times it is best to have a good relationship with your selling dealer,they want your business.

Out of sight ,out of mind,is good but certain things like guages ,exhaust,brakes aren't things you can just take off,nor do you want to.

Dealers are INDEPENDENTLY owned and are your liaison between the public and General Motors in this case. If they have concerns about doing warranty work and NOT being reimbursed by GM they can refuse to do the work. Same token if GM believes it wasn't warranty repair allowable they can refuse to reimburse the dealer. Perhaps this has happened to them ,they got burned,or they've been investigated for warranty repair issues.

When you purchase one of these high dollar trucks you should NOT be afraid to ask if they have a GM tech (diesel mechanic) on staff. Meet the guy talk to him

If they do trust me they WILL want to book work for him. I believe in this case that this dealer sells squat for diesel trucks and has no mechanic qualified to do your work. If they did they would do their best to get you in the replace all 8 injector campaign.

IF I were you I would leave the brake on and the exhaust ,guages including the pyro,and bark UP the ladder or get a Rep involved before I paid for the repair!

You have NOTHING to lose even if they red flag you.

Explain to the Rep you tow at the maximum capacity and have grown tired of doing brake jobs. Guages are just a cool factor. Keep it simple offer NO information other than what they want to hear!

Have the Rep point you to a Certified GM Duramax Tech in your area.

Back