• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

db2 help, please

TeXpress

Reaction score
Okay, I'm swapping a db2 onto my 95 k2500 and need a little help with db2 info. First off, is there a site I could read up on tuning pumps? On the more practical side, there are two electrical connections on my 2829 pump, I'm guessing they're for fuel shutoff? Which is hot and which is ground? And will ds4 injectors run ok on a db2 system? Thanks in advance!

The front terminal is your shutoff solenoid. Apply + to run. Ground is thru the pump case.
the back terminal is your cold advance.

Your injectors will be fine.

What tranny computer did you use for your conversion?

I kept the stock computer. Just welded an arm to the throttle pedal so it had a tps signal, and it was good to go!
I have a thread here. "Center mount turbo". Go in there, and go to my photobucket account. I will add another pic of my pedal so you can see how I did it for adjustment. You will NEED this adjustment to get the trans to shift properly.
use a lokar 36" universal throttle cable.

Right on, gonna weld one up tomorrow. Any problems with the computer throwing codes?

The engine side of the computer is a mad as a cat in a bathtub. It has codes for just about everything imaginable!
but the transmission side is happy! No trans codes to date... and I put over 18,000 miles on so far.

You will notice in your firewall is an indentation for the factory throttle cable. You will want to make your cable go in approx 1 inch ABOVE the center of that hole, and make your throttle arm long enough to reach that high.
When making your arm, be sure it fits before welding. There is some bracketry and suchlike stuff that makes it a tite fit, but it can easily be done.

did you get a set of DB2 injector lines? the ones from a DS4 have a different end on them.

For myself, we had a set of lines, so I used em. But, there are adapters available so you can use your ds4 lines.
When I get near my computer, I will post a link of where to get those adapters.

No worries, I have a couple sets of lines for the db2's. Did you punch a new hole through the firewall? Also, what about getting cruise control to work? Can you use an old cruise control box or is the computer involved?

No worries, I have a couple sets of lines for the db2's. Did you punch a new hole through the firewall? Also, what about getting cruise control to work? Can you use an old cruise control box or is the computer involved?

It is a complicated process to make the cruise work. It involves finding the correct wires, snipping them, and connecting them to the regular cruise module for the gas vehicle.
Then... you gotta somehow make it move your pedal assembly so your transmission still works.

That was more involved than I wanted to go on my truck. So I can't speak from experience on what goes where, and how to make it happen.

Back