• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dash Switch Pictures

turbopower6

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking to add a couple of switchs to my 1996 6.5 K2500 Suburban. I am thinking about re-purposing the cargo lamp switch from the same era pickup trucks (GMC/Chevrolet) and adding a fog light switch installed in the verticle spot on the RS of the dash.

Does anyone have pictures of these switches installed in theor vehicles in this location? I am also looking for GM or aftermarket (Dorman/SMP etc) part numbers
for these switches.

I was also wondering if Chevrolet offered a fog light option in 1996 for the Suburbans. I have seen it for the 1995. I have an LMC front bumper with Hella Fogs installed now with an under dash switch. I understand the "Sport Package" offered a under bumper valance with fog lights from the factory. Just not sure if this was available in 1996.

My second switch will be for the Racor Parker filter heater.

Thanks for any pictures and perspective.

I put a foglight switch in the panel above the cargo lamp switch on my 98, there is enough room for one or two more if need be.

Attachments

• 98 6.5 mods011.jpg
    98 6.5 mods011.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 7
Back