• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DAM it was like summer ,who's been out riding?

MACKIN

The Original Sheriff
Reaction score
We had a real nice warm up this weekend and although not my first time out I really got some seat time in!

Friday it was kind of cool but I managed to ride a little over 200 miles! Unfortunately 99% interstate but riding. I rode hard and fast :)nono:) enough that my ears were ringing for two days! That sucked,sucked enough that Saturday (in the 90's) for the first time I wore ear-plugs! I don't particularly care for it as it drowns out certain things like hearing cars come up on you to pass on the interstate. We only rode just under a 100 miles as we got out late.

Got out again Sunday ,WOW what a beautiful day with every thing blooming, and rode another 100 miles!

Few things I learned ,I need to wear a bandanna or something as I appear to be gaining forehead and wow is it burnt! :smile5:

The roads thru out the state (as I went from one corner to the other) are in HORRIFIC condition. You really have to be cautious as there are some huge pot holes out there everywhere!

It's bad enough that I have had to order a new set of lowering shocks. The ones I have just seem to be to soft and bottom'd out a few times. I don't feel there will be a big gang buster of road repair done so I'll have to tune the suspension to fit the off roading conditions.

Be safe out there kids, Ride Fast and Scare the Hell out of People. ):h

You got that right - the roads in southern new england are in wicked bad shape - especially the back roads. A bunch of us got out for about 5 hours in NW Ct and Western Mass on saturday and was dodging potholes, sand and yahoos the whole way. We even had a statie mess with us - seems he didn't like the way we were conducting our ride. No tickets were issued but I got the feeling that cyclists are going to be targets for a lot of tickets this year. I just got that vibe - be careful out there.

I did a 150 mile "ride for the troops" yesterday, over 2000 bikes. you get all kinds of riders with those rides. I like the smaller groups alot better but it was a nice day. first ride that I did not have to have a coat on and I am fried.

Took the Duc out the other day after work. Quick 100 mile trip. Traffic sucks getting out of Houston anytime, so I have to play my cards right and make use of the HOV lanes.

Friday is our 'dinner ride' night. Me and a few friends get together on the first Friday of the month and ride somewhere to get dinner. Been doing it.....damn near forever. Always a good time. :smile5:

Next weekend is a little pre Republic of Texas Biker Rally party, so I'll be meeting up with some friends and doing a little riding and 'watching' :thumbsup:

FYI Mac,

Blessing of the Bikes at Warsaw Park in Ansonia on Sunday May 3. Nice ride through Woodbridge, Bethany, and Ansonia. Coffee, donuts, bless/ride, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc......

If you need any info, let me know...

FYI Mac,

Blessing of the Bikes at Warsaw Park in Ansonia on Sunday May 3. Nice ride through Woodbridge, Bethany, and Ansonia. Coffee, donuts, bless/ride, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc......

If you need any info, let me know...

If it isn't raining perhaps I'll cruise on in. I should be out and about (weather permitting) as at Yankee Harley Davidson May 3 has a all Mopar show going on I plan on attending. Location Bristol

I was just there and they have a 70 Hemi Cuda on display. :D

I've been put about 300 miles on in the last 2 weeks. Still a bit cold and rainy out here at times. Mackin, your not alone with those huge dangerous pot holes on the pavement.

We also have alot of deer along some of the roads because of all the flooding on the fields. I don't ride when it's dark.

Ride safe guys. :thumbsup:

Just did a quick blast out to laughlin on route 66. It was great, but the bugs are out in mass. The bastards hurt at 90mph. We had an unexpected babysitter and had to take full advantage of it. I loaded up a bunch of new tunes in the Ipod and we hit the road. We managed the 180 miles in 2.5 hours. We got to do some gamblin', eatin', relaxin', and some other fun stuff thats hard to do with 4 kids running around.

Planning on changing the oil and going for a long ass ride this weekend just for the sake of burning up some gas. Sad part is, I have to go 30ish miles North to Dade City in order to hit some good roads- hills and curves (for FL that is) with little traffic. Otherwise "riding" is stuck in traffic with the masses around here which isn't too relaxing.

I have put 2500 miles on the new Road Glide since feb 20th.:D I have also put 600 on the Fatboy just so it does not feel left out.

Rode 350 miles last Sunday, no interstate, just to feel the wind, nice to only need a tee shirt:thumbsup:

I put a new air cleaner set up on mine that I had kickin around for over a year. One of those open ones that hang off the engine facing forward looking like it's going a hundred miles an hour standing still! :D

I did that while putting on the OEM 3m vinyl guard on the rear fender. Occasionally,more than I want, I have to take the wife out and need to put the stock seat back on. The old one was removed when it was painted. No instructions but with a little research and NOT listening to the dealers bad advice ,I got this one on and in my opinion came out better and looks better than the stock one that was on there!

You really have to look and see it there!

Next up when I can get it to the shop here to work on as the weather has changed to cold mornings, I bought a new set of 422 Lowering Progressive Suspension shocks to install. They look like real nice shocks!

They certainley look 100% better than the ones I currently have installed.

I'd love to go air but the kits are just to pricey and my wallet is to empty. If anyone is interested I can give you a review and snap some pictures of the 422's. I've heard some good information about them.

They could skip the chrome finish,I don't think small animals care what they look like. Plus I don't need to start cleaning the under carriage,also.

Thats funny, I was gonna say I thought they went underneath and couldn't be seen. I need some too for the dyna. The factory stuff is too soft for me(275). But I have the empty wallet problem too.

This is the best price I could find on them.

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR77-5089&Click=6154

If all goes well I'm going to put them on this afternoon. That's if I can sneak away and go pick up the scoot at lunch. My only opportunity to install them as the weather forecast is rain tomorrow,Saturday morning and nice on Sunday. Rain Monday Tuesday.

Would like to get out on Sunday.

I'll post some pictures

I put a new air cleaner set up on mine that I had kickin around for over a year. One of those open ones that hang off the engine facing forward looking like it's going a hundred miles an hour standing still! :D

You mean one that looks something like this, on my bike?
picture.php

Thats the one I put on my road glide, took about two hours and two beers:smile5:

Yup :D

I like!

I forgot to take a picture off it today,the shocks were a real ballbuster. I mean a REAL ballbuster. Full report tomorrow. Teaser,they the shocks,new ones 422 Progressive Suspension, blow away the stock and the POS I had on there.

I didn't know Harley had one of those air cleaners styles. I like except for the screaming eagle insignia. I like to be a sleeper. I know guys that have had it ground off of the jugs. :D

Is that black plate part of the mount? What I like is it uses the stock banjo bolt ventilation parts. Mine has some odd (gonna take a bit to get used to it) plumbing.

Yup :D

I like!

I forgot to take a picture off it today,the shocks were a real ballbuster. I mean a REAL ballbuster. Full report tomorrow. Teaser,they the shocks,new ones 422 Progressive Suspension, blow away the stock and the POS I had on there.

I didn't know Harley had one of those air cleaners styles. I like except for the screaming eagle insignia. I like to be a sleeper. I know guys that have had it ground off of the jugs. :D

Is that black plate part of the mount? What I like is it uses the stock banjo bolt ventilation parts. Mine has some odd (gonna take a bit to get used to it) plumbing.
I think it was new to the Harley P&A cataloge last year.

The Screaming eagle badge on the chrome neck is an add on. As for the rain sock on the filter you can turn it so it is not seen.

That black plate is to hide the injector module on touring bikes, for the one for softtails it does not have that. I do not have to use it on mine, but it looks like crap with out it. I think I will have it chromed this winter.

I have been thinking about the progressives for my fatboy.

Wanted to get a little seat time in for further review. Went out yesterday (cold pisses me off night riding) and went out solo this morning to visit a couple car shows. What I discovered is the weather people don't know their asses from a hole in the ground as I got caught in the rain. Luckily I jetted to my buddies house who was riding with me and left it in his garage before the roads got wet.

Dave,

Word of advice on the 422's. If you like a firm ride ,I prefer it myself, then these shocks are mint. I have the bike lowered ,always have, at about 2 inches. I weigh 180 pounds and it takes a what I would call a good bounce on the seat to get them to sink and rebound. My wife weighs about 120 and with her on riding the bike hardly squats an additional amount. The Progressive Suspension 422's come in the softest preload setting.

Although I only got to put about 50 miles I certainley like the ride and feel of these shocks! But be for warned they are much 'tighter' than stock shocks.

IMO well worth the money!

http://www.hotbikeweb.com/tech/0612_hbkp_progressive_suspension_422_shocks/index.html

Back