• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dad’s old Series III

J_dude

Reaction score
Today I rediscovered some photos from a time before I even existed haha. Thought I would share a couple old pictures with you guys, pictures of my Dad’s 1978 Series III long wheel-base Land Rover, a few years before he sold it. Used to be a military communications truck.
He sold it in the later 90’s out in Vancouver area.DC2D27AF-17CE-4FCA-984C-C4D28DB2935D.jpeg23B81294-10B4-4E9E-B5C2-58B007A3D21C.jpeg

I have always wanted a Land Rover. Just all around real cool rigs.
Check prices on them now. WOW. Unless You happen to find one from an private individual and they dont care about the price.
Early 70s. I had a Hillman. Bought it for 20 bucks. It had a four speed on the tree. Shifter would stick. Removed floor board panel and just reached through and shifted the levers. Sister wanted that car baaad. Sold it to Her, dad fixed the shifter. Back in those days between Miles City and Decker was mostly all gravel road. 150 miles or so one way. I think my sister must have done 500 trips between the two places with that old Hillman.
A while back I thought it would be cool to find an old Hillman and get it mechanically sound and give it to My sister. WOW, they get a lot of money for those things now too. Both were made in England, the Land Rover and the Hillman. I like the English vehicles for for some reason, must be because of how much smoke can be emitted from the wiring and they still fire up and run. LOL

Back