• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

D-Tech PMD/FSD

steelydan

Reaction score
Anyone running the D-tech on the pump? I need a new PMD. Truck had a new IP at 193,000km has about 240,000km now. I have read that the D-tech is made to be mounted on the pump with higher heat/vibration ratings...anyone know what the warranty is on them? (I know about Heaths 7year but cannot justify the cost..)Dan

Man, that's a lot of work. It would be easier to just relocate. As far as running it on the pump, they are supposed to be better for the heat they can take, but I mounted mine remotely behind the grill. I know getting that thing off was enought to deter me from putting it back on the pump.:smile5:

Just my .02, but if they are better at taking the heat and vibration then when remote mounted it should eliminate all issues except for getting smashed which in that case the truck is probably toast anyway. I would remote mount it with a heat sink so as to not worry about failure.

Called Pensacola Fuel injection and they told me 90 day warrantee on D-tech.
They have some stanadyne's for cheap but NO warranttee. Apparently bought from another diesel shop. All listed at the big store. (bay)

Back