• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cutting, welding upper intake to align with ATT

Big T

Reaction score
Anyone got photos, suggestions on how to cut and weld the upper intake pipe to align it with the ATT. I recall someone posting pics of this mod, but can no longer find the old pictures. What would be the required angles to pull this off?

It would require an S shaped modification as it's off in 2 directions. My ? Is why would you want to? Silicone boots look pretty good and are more than adequate. If I was going to go to that much trouble I would start from scratch and make a whole new upper intake.

It would require an S shaped modification as it's off in 2 directions. My ? Is why would you want to? Silicone boots look pretty good and are more than adequate. If I was going to go to that much trouble I would start from scratch and make a whole new upper intake.

Because the Silicone boots eventually stretch out over time and blow off.

mine never separated and are still holding up. i used 2 OEM boots. i cut the factory upper, used the cutoff piece after i cleaned it up, then joined em.

Only way to go for avoiding two 45* silicon elbows is to get the Peninsular upper and then fabricate a 3" pipe.

Although, both solutions still need two silicon pieces . . .

Or, maybe go with a radiator hose like like we did when we first installed the ATT and could not find the two 45* elbows.

Back