• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

customer complaint.......engine made wierd sound then just quit.....

625fireman

I have injecter-itis
Reaction score
So here is what I have in the shop right now.
0315131144-01.jpg
Here is why I pulled it

20130316125321.jpg
Closer look

0316131244-00.jpg
I think the rod bolt came loose on 3 then finally broke off and then we have the wierd sound and then quit........

Upon tear down the block apears OK but the crank I think is toast. Customer forund a decent boneyard engine that is going in though.

Reminds me of my highschool days. Friend bought a GTO with a blown motor. The holes, like this customer's, in the oil pan came from push rods getting shoved out. Holes in the block too. Ouch.
'If you're going to do a job, do it right." No guess work as to what the issue is here.

Broken rod bolts make me think overspeeding the engine 1st. Rod bolts stretch and can loosen up after that or simply break. A loose rod bolt would have shown up under warranty...

MT or tune with raised redline?

The oil cooler is trash because it looks like it would be full of trash.

its a 506 block. The cooler and lines are junk anyway. Typical looking soaker hoses........ This thing is bone stock except for exhaust it is straight piped out the back from the turbo.

He found a 929 block that is going in. I am studding it and new head gaskets before it goes in. Pulled the heads off yesterday it looks good inside I really dont think the "new" one has over 100k on it.

Back