• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Custom turbo install

IAT temps before or after your ATA? I imagine with 22.5 tires and wheels you have a lot of rolling weight to get moving, what is your final drive ratio? Nice turbo install, clean and neat, nice job.

Thanks Slim, I made it so if the GM-8 had to be put on this whole setup unbolts and the original bolts right back. After the IC is where I have been taking my readings on the IAT's.... I don't think the IAT's could be that low of a temp right out of the turbo. I am running factory 4.10 gears. I towed my 20ft enclosed trailer today with a fairly light payload. EGT's never went over 800. I too was wondering how the truck would handle the 22's, but it hasn't been bad at all.

4.10 save the day with the wheels I think. How did you match the bolt patterns?

Hope it didn't squat with the tongue weight, you'd be sparkin!

Actually Matt I think I might have the same ground to frame clearance as your rig. The wheels are 32.5" diameter and I have 1"-1.5" between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender lips. The wheels are mounted with a set of solid steel machined adapters. 8 lug to 10 lug hub centric adapters. I thought the gear was to low with the stock wheels. Midnightplowboy has 3.21's with slightly bigger tires. His truck is a play truck mostly but he has a Gear Vender unit set to underdrive to compensate. He says he doesn't use it much. Definetly with the trailer and under 2K RPM's the motor isn't making alot of power, it does bog a little til the boost comes up a bit.

You are probably right. I think the tires along with the front ground effects flap give the illusion of it being slammed....

I meant no offense, Sometimes when others have something way better than me, I poke a little fun, just to make myself feel better about my situation :):pokey:

What did you do to resolve the bolt pattern/lug issues?

Sweet ride man...

No sweat Matt! rib'n is rib'n. When I first got the truck i figured someone ripped the factory spoiler off. So I went to Chevy only to find they didn't install one on this truck new?? So I bought a 1/2 ton spoiler and mounted it. They make adapters out of machined steel. They are robust to say the very least.
I wouldn't say my truck is any better than yours... It was trashed by the previous owner and I have been fixing one thing after another. I had to have a new pair of drive shafts made due to the originals were both bent. Next I need to install new front motor mounts. It seems it will never end sometimes.

Attachments

• adapters.jpg
    adapters.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2
  • adapters r.jpg
    adapters r.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2
Yes, the left is the front and the right is the rear. These shown are for Ford/Dodge the Chevy ones have tapered conical seats for the lugs.

Back