• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

cummins to replace V-10

D.Camilleri

Reaction score
I have a friend who's V-10 in his 2002 Dodge just siezed up. He wants to know what would be involved in swapping in a cummins? I told him the best way would be to find a 2002 24v that was from an auto truck (his truck is an auto) and perform the swap. The wiring harness should be plug and play, he would need an intercooler, exhaust, and some tranny mods. Does anyone know what would be needed to be modded for the tranny to shift right? Is the pcm the same for both engines?

he will need the engine, motor mounts, trans, wire harnesses, fuel line and tank, intercooler, gauges, heavier front springs and probably a few other items as well. and about 2 weeks at least to make it all fit

What about the powertrain control module? As far as swaps go, this is about as easy as they come, because it is all plug and play. But I agree he needs to find a donor vehicle. It looks like I might get talked into doing the swap.

Back